" "

Just a thought

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Just a thought

Postby Jasmine » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Sunday and I just ponder on a gambler's life. :)

When I won, I continued until I lost.
When I lost, I continued until I won.
When I won, I continued until I lost.
....and the cycle continues...

Yesterday I won, I was happy.
Today I lost, I was miserable.
Tomorrow, I hope I would win and be happy again.
And my mood keeps swinging - ups and downs.

I had money, but I was worried about buying expensive things.
I had money, but I was never worried to feed them in the machines.
$200...$500... $1,000...$5,000...$10,000...what!? $10,000!!? That handbag I wanted was only $1,000.
I feel stupid, yet I will do it again.

:) just some thoughts on my quiet Sunday.
Jasmine

Re: Just a thought

Postby Catherine1 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:03 pm

Jasmine. I have been there many times. On a high when you win and an absolute low when you lose. Thats why you have to make a decision. Do you want to give up gambling? I said Yes to this question many times but it has taken me a long time to finally put processes in place to really give up. I am at day 37 today. Its not easy but its good not to have the ups and downs of gambling. What am I doing instead of gambling. I have started to take more interest in my health. I have started metafit and step classes. My dog is getting more walks. I bought a heap of new containers for my pantry and spent the afternoon labelling them and sorting the pantry out. Today I spent 4 hours in my garden, weeding, planting and fertilising. Then went around to my mums house and did another 2 hours gardening. When I am not gambling I feel much calmer, not as stressed. I have spare cash to buy containers for my pantry (they were 1/2 price at woolworths) and plants for my garden. You initially need to limit the cash in your purse/wallet, so if you are tempted you cant do too much damage. But what it comes down to is do you really want to give up? Only you Jasmine can answer that question.
Catherine1

Postby Jasmine » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi Catherine,
I agree and I, of course, want to stop gambling and try in many ways recently :)

The thoughts I wrote actual came from my past (not really today or yesterday as I wrote). Though whenever I thought about it, it still made me perplex about the impacts that addiction has on people.

Writing things down really helps me to reflect :o
Jasmine

Postby DFP » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:59 pm

This poem is very powerful - captures the madness of our thoughts. Thank you for sharing.
Always a 'work in progress'
DFP

Postby suzybeauty » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:13 am

Excellent poem, I like it. It's a good reminder for me too, a never ending cycle when I don't stop. Peace & blessings to you Jasmine, many thanks for your gifted writing.

Suzy :)
suzybeauty

Postby Mona58 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:02 am

Hi jasmine,

Well done! Keep Strong...

What ever you feel keep writing.. don't let the gamble demon win.

I cant imagine what a $1,000 handbag looks like! I'd just brought myself a $5 leather bag from op shop last week. lol
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Jasmine » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:10 am

Hi Mona,
I know! I always think it's stupid when someone buys a name branded handbag which costs thousand of dollars. But obviously, I am more stupid :D
I could have had a large collection of at least 20 by now if I haven't lost my money to gambling.
Oh...I will never laugh at Louis Vuitton, Chanel handbags again! Lol
Jasmine

Postby Mona58 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:41 am

Hi Jasmine...

Maybe that is What you should do...buy those expensive things. It is a privilege to have the wealth you have.... use it wisely ... Get out of that gamble demons grip!

Keep fighting ... don't give in... Walk away from the D.Den door and head towards Louis... whoever! and give him your money in exchange for a bag or a designer dress... You'll feel a different person then... p-s. take your husband with you for safety measures so as you don't get carried away! lol

Keep fighting... Keep writing... Keep Strong and use your hidden internal power to fight that horrid gamble demon! That Power is there! Awaken it! You can do it Jasmine! You CAN!

You are Not stupid!- -... give the stupid to the gamble demon! For it is IT that is stupid.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Return to The Courtyard