" "

New to the forum. Really need to kick this habit

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

New to the forum. Really need to kick this habit

Postby Mummaxofx3 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:56 pm

Hey all. So abit about me. Mum of 3. Buying my own home, work in the gaming industry so I know the odds all too well unfortunately. But over the last year I’ve gotten myself into online gambling. I’ve won big, I’ve spent big, I go great then I get to these points where I’m struggling to buy food this week, I won 14g 2 weeks ago. Spent some over Xmas etc.... and have gambled the rest away again. I need help
Mummaxofx3

Re: New to the forum. Really need to kick this habit

Postby Mona58 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi Mumof3

Welcome to the forum.

Gambling is soul destroying. It is a complicated addiction. You will have to remove all gambling apps from your phone and computer. I am not overly familiar with online gambling.. it has never interested me. My addiction is to the pokies in venues.

You are wise to seek help now after a year... most people take years and lose everything before they seek help,

Ring the Gamb. helpline on 1800 858 858 and they can give advice.

Read as many other peoples stories on here for inspiration that you need to help you through recovery, It is not easy at the start. Seeing as you have only been gambling a year it will not be long before you get your old self back.

There are lots of information on this site that can help. The forums do get quiet at times so if you feel you need someone to talk to right away call the gamb helpline.

Posting here helps unload much of the burden. We understand how it is and are here to support you how we can,

Mona on day 81 GF.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Re: New to the forum. Really need to kick this habit

Postby Oregon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:59 am

Welcome Mumma of 3

Well done on reaching out now

Also I am not familiar with online gaming or apps so I can't help you much. Only to offer you the advice Mona did.

You gotta kick this now for your kids sake - I became a Dad last March and that's my motivation. But you also need the other tools you can find on this website including how to curb your urges.

Also keep logging on this this forum and reading stories and sharing with everyone because noone here will judge you it's really helped me.

Stay strong
Oregon on day 35 GF
Oregon

Return to The Courtyard