" "

Day 1 starting over again, for like the umpteenth time

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Day 1 starting over again, for like the umpteenth time

Postby Mona58 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:10 am

Hi Thomas,

You are doing really great. As DFP said it will take tIme for others to see the changes you have made. Everyone has good and bad days. On others good days you will probably get more encouraged remarks. You have to ''change" for you... yes ... the rest will follow!

Keep going with this thread... I find myself often reading my own thread from day 1 and by doing thIs I can see the changes .... I am still me that has not changed BUT the way I live and the way l respond to things has changed...

(perhaps change the title if it bothers you? .. for me its the starting point for others to see how far your've come... But of course you have to do things for You!)

Alan Watts sounded familiar... I think I may have one of his books...

Keep going ' keep posting' keep staying strong!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Menz199 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:44 pm

Day 17- feeling good
I went to see a gambling consullor today, and it was great, it was really relaxing and calming, other than that, just ran some errands today, but overall today was another good day.
Day 17- feeling confident and strong
Menz199

Postby Menz199 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:12 am

I was going to keep doing this thread, but I meant, if I find something useful on Alan Watts, I was unsure whether I should post it in this thread, or start a completely new forum.
Thanks for the continued support guys it really helps.
But can anyone tell me how to send a PM, If I try and send one, it just ends up in the outbox for some reason.
Menz199

Postby Mona58 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:39 am

I have no idea.- I tried to send you a PM to test myself and it said "the requested users to be added do not exist"° .-.. ?

I suppose you can start another thread. Should be interesting.
Mona58

Postby Menz199 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:08 pm

Hmm, interesting I tried to send a message to you Mona and it said the same thing, so I'm not sure why that happens.
Today was a work day, was very good, only my 2nd day on the job but I'm loving it, it's great because it gives me a purpose and something to look forward to. And it's keeping the gambling demon sleeping at the moment, I do understand that he'll wake up, but I have to stay strong when he does, we all do.

Day 17- Feeling great
Menz199

Postby User 586eee5282d07 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:56 pm

Sounds like you are doing great . Keep it up):-
Sandra
User 586eee5282d07

Postby Menz199 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Day 23-still going strong
I sought out the help a gambling consuller because I feel like I need a bit more than just GA meetings, until I get a good momentum of days going, but none the less I'm still going strong, and been a bit lazy in terms of writing posts on here, (almost a week), but do intend on doing my best to write the odd post.
Good to hear your still going strong mona.
Menz199

Postby Mona58 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:25 am

Congrats on 23 days!

It is great that you are applying all the help you can find to your recovery, Some days feel awkward ... a strange sense of melancholy I suppose. It could be "the void" you are feeling. . Its ok that you don't feel up lo posting everyday. Long as you feel strong in that sense to stay gamble free... No one said it was going to be easy!

23 days is a great achievement... one day at a time... I still some days feel like I felt in my first weeks... for some reason or other I've been reading a lot of posts since saturday evening... all I can think of is protecting myself for what "I think" may happen ... I know we must not "think" we know what is going to happen because it might not and thus we worried for nothing... It's a silly old world!

How did you go reading Allan Watts? I've picked up Paul Hanna's DON'T GIVE UP! he is an Australian motivator.
Mona58

Previous

Return to The Courtyard