" "

Day 1 starting over again, for like the umpteenth time

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Day 1 starting over again, for like the umpteenth time

Postby Menz199 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi Mona
Thanks for your support, i was just reading your thread, and how you've poured lots of time and effort into your garden, I'm sure that feels a lot better than, arguing with a machine, or try to reason with it, because they don't feel any emotions at all.
I should give gardening a try, or at least as a start catch up on the books I'm reading, because I do wonder, why I don't seem to have time for anything, but now I should have all the time in the world, my time was consumed by those monsters!
I will try to post everyday, as I think that should help me, I was starting to do that, but then it stopped, and well went in the wrong direction .

Thanks again
Thomas
Menz199

Postby Mona58 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Yeah...give gardening a go. Strawberries taste SO much nicer picked red of the plant! Mine hardly make it indoors!

Everyday chores dusting... washing ... all seem to l have meaning, Eating better ... healthier... exercising however trivial they sound all increase natural dopamine. Its all rewarding.

You are so young Thomas... stay strong there's a wonderful complex life ahead of you!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Jeddie » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi Thomas, listen to Mona. She and I are at the same stage and she is a very wise woman. Read her post from start to finish and you will see how far she has come. She had described all her feelings along the way.
Watch *Ka Ching The Pokie Movie” it is great and explains a lot. If you have seen it then watch it again..
At the end I will put up a link that I found a couple of days ago called *Whose in charge of Michael* watch and read that.
In my first month I spent an extra $50 on data I watched so much.
Google the terrible story of an Adelaide girl called Leanne Scott who got I think 8 years in jail from her gambling addiction. So many sad stories :(
I’m not sure how old you are Thomas but don’t spend the rest of your life with this demoralising disease .

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... 0v-GBqjSAQ

112 gf days
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Jeddie » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Ok Thomas I have read your back posts. Tell your Mum, she sounds a great support. The thing about having people know is that you are not carrying the burden by yourself. Also you can talk through the triggers and urges. Please don’t let the last 4 years dictate the rest of your life. You are young. You probably want a partner and children. Be strong. You’ve got this...don’t do it anymore. Save your own life by stopping.😀
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Mona58 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:48 pm

Listen to jeddie too!

the link to the Michael doco goes via Facebook - below is a direct link.

https://interactives.stuff.co.nz/2018/0 ... f-michael/

This one is explains dopamine... the original link I had doesn't seem to work and as I said in one of my posts:, we need to be wary of what we read on internet.

https://www.braintropic.com/how-to-increase-dopamine/

The
"Ka' Ching pokie Nation" is available on ABC iview.

this one about online gambling ... which is now fast increasing

https://herctimecenter.blogspot.com.au/

And I'm sure you will find many more if you google Problem gambling in Australia. Its really interesting and sort off makes me angry that Australia has such wealth and the ratio of gambling per capita / population is really high compared to other countries.

The thing is Thomas you have been through it before so all this reading will be overwhelming but it'll be in your mind and will become useful at particular points in time.

Stay strong!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Menz199 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:20 pm

Hi Guys
Thank you so much, I've been looking into some of the advice you have provided me, it's really helpful, but Ka Ching Pokie Nation, has been taken off iview, any other ways of watching it?
I'm feeling a lot better now, but do realise I have a long way to go, but only one way from here and that is up.
Last edited by Menz199 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Menz199

Postby Jeddie » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:33 pm

Thomas, iview put it on for a few weeks every once in awhile. You can streamline it for $5.99 but I don’t actually understand much about the process. You being young will know I’m sure. Good luck
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Menz199 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:50 pm

Ok, I'll keep my eye on it then, I was also listening to a Podcast eariler 'All in the mind' The gambling zone, I can't remember where I found the link, probably off another forum but have found it quite helpful
I better be off to bed soon, but thanks again for all your help

Day 0- starting over, but thinking positive
Menz199

Postby Menz199 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Day-1
Have had a fairly quiet day, doing my best not to gamble, and try and avoid the dark thoughts, it's pretty hard though, I have to fill the void again, because aside from worki don't have a shedule, and as I have always said, if I keep busy, it's good, rather than sitting around, I will talk to mum soon, feel scared about doing it but it's something that has to be done.

Day 1- struggling to think clearly but not giving up.
Menz199

Postby Jeddie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:37 pm

Hi again Thomas, maybe let your Mum read on here as well so she knows it’s not only you..well Day on Day 1, I know it’s a small number but they grow very quickly :)
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard