" "

Yay

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Yay

Postby Jeddie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:41 pm

I have had a bad day (for me) today. So many little things not right. Even tho I have money not once did I think that I will go to the pokies to sooth me..well done me 😀

Approx 58 proud days pokie free
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Re: Yay

Postby Mona58 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:22 pm

Well done Jeddie!

That's one of the hardest days. Escaping to the pokies would have made things worse for you. Proud of you for resisting the temptation.

Congrats on 58 proud pokie free days!

Mona in day 44 GF
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Jeddie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:50 pm

Thanks Mona, I love the feel of you following along behind me in free gambling days. You are a big support.

Approx 58 Gf days
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Springhope17 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:59 pm

Congrats Jeddie!

That's amazing! You are definitely making huge progress! And you are more then half way to 100 days!

You should be so proud! Stay strong.
Springhope17

Postby Jeddie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:19 pm

Thanks Springhope17. I am traveling along very well. I have two pokie venues within 2 minutes walk from me and I live in the same street. I drive past them every day numerous times but I have never been tempted. I feel very strong and have really not had any urges. I wish I could play them but know if I start I won’t stop.
I joined a colouring group but there was only 2 other people there and it wasn’t quite for me. I will keep looking for something else to occupy my brain. I love having money and am learning how to actually keep it. A skill I had never learnt before. There should be more lessons in school about how to cope in the real world. Too late for me but the young ones need to learn better life skills.. keep on keeping on 😀
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Jeddie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:21 pm

I think learning what my triggers are and being accountable to someone has been my biggest help in stopping. Also watching lots and lots of videos about other pokie addicts and reading everything I could find on google.
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Mona58 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:50 pm

Thank you jeddie x

Likewise your support is invaluable.

Have you tried looking into volunteer work? When I had my car I used to go to a respite age care place and volunteered in the kitchen. Op Shops are always open to more volunteers. Meals on wheels is one. Even just visiting an age care place and reading to the elderly. The are various charity organisations, they always welcome volunteers. RSPCA Is a good one if you like animals.

Congrats on 58 days!

Stay strong and pokie free!

Mona in day 44
Mona58

Postby Jeddie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi Mona, I am not really reliable enough to do organised volunteer work. Quite often I would just not turn up and that is not fair to them. Both my partner and I work with the elderly so that is enough of them plus my Dad (91) lives in a home so I am alderlyed out🙂
I need to do something social so I am still looking. I am a bit of a loner. I have 3 sisters and 2 adult daughters so I tend to meet with them mostly.
Life is pretty good for me. I still have money in the house and have no interest in taking it for a walk 2 minutes away to the pokies.
Hope you are going well with your jumping around the house.

59 GF days😀
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Mona58 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi jeddie

Oh thats good then. Yeah I get that loner bit too.

No! no jumping around today! lol

Congrats on 59 days!
Mona58

Postby Jeddie » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:20 pm

So today my siblings and Dad went to a pokie venue for lunch. The pokie bit was right near us altho I couldnt hear or see them. I didn’t worry about playing them (couldn’t anyway with family there). The BIG difference today was that when I left I didn’t think oh I will go and have a play somewhere that family can’t see. The urges to play just don’t seem to come.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not all easy. I do miss them and I do wish I could play but the bottom line is I can never play again.!!!!!

60days GF and enjoying having money in my purse, house and bank
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Next

Return to The Courtyard