" "

Payday blues...

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Payday blues...

Postby Mona58 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:31 am

Good morning'

There was a segment on Nine News this morning about pokies addiction. It does show that it is out in the open and eventually something will be done about them... Wishful thinking? What struck me was how they also show that "only a minority" actually become addicted > something like 300,000 people and that is disheartening. I'm sure its much worse than that if you take into account online gambling and TAB etc.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, My weekend has been hectic but enjoyable enough.... full of study and getting over a cold, lots of lemon and honey tea.

Mona on day 233 GF
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Catherine1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Mona. I had a great gamble free week and weekend. Only day 9 gamble free today. Had an rdo last Wednesday. Went shopping out of town. Normally I would have made a visit to the local club. It did cross my mind but instead I went and bought plants from bunnings to put in my garden and had lunch at a nice cafe. Saturday I took my dog for a walk and spent the afternoon planting flowers in the garden, weeding and also planting the rest of my bulbs. Sunday I cooked up a storm - 2 trays of raspberry/coconut slice, 48 pasties and 12 mini blueberry pies. Went and delivered some of my cooking to my elderly mum and also dropped some off for her friend. The rest went in my freezer. I am feeling good so far. Just need to keep this feeling going. Hope you all have a great gamble free week.
Catherine1

Postby Mona58 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi Catherine'

Good to see you still fighting. 9 days is great. Well done keeping busy over the weekend,

Stay Strong!
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Hey Mona, hope your cold is now better. Already this winter so many people have caught some bug or another.
I think it is a lack of rain in the last few months. All the germs haven't been washed out of the air and we're all falling ill.
Hope you have been having a lovely weekend, i have discovered i enjoy lazy days again and don't have to rush out of the house to gamble because I am "bored".

Enjoy the long weekend Mona 😊
Cazza

Postby Mona58 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:46 am

Thanks Cazza, Congratulations on 9 weeks GF!

Yes I'm much better, Public transport is a sure way to catch bugs! I've brought vitamins and hope they'll give me a bit of immunity to them.

I've been having alot of negative thoughts the past few days... that I have been constantly fighting to turn around. The "best" thing about these today is no longer running off to the D-Den to forget...

Yes! I'm so looking forward to lazy days once I get this last essay done!

Mona
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:32 pm

Our negative thoughts are frustrating Mona but as you say not enough to make you go back.
I had an argument with my husband last week not a big one, but in my old life it would have been enough of a reason to do a dramatic exit from the house and go and blow all my money.

But like you said we have learned enough about ourselves to push that negative thought away, shake them off and refocus on the good.

Ride out this wave Mona and keep going 😊
Cazza

Postby Mona58 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:22 am

Today marks 8 months! 244 days GF!

The past couple of weeks have been a bit tiring and trying... if that makes sense. I didn't have temptations or urges consciously... but they were there ... l kept telling myself they are there but its NOT me that called them up ...l had been trying to make sense of why l've been feeling a bit low and then frustrated as I struggled with my studies and I did think that I was spending too much time on it ... SO

... Now that I have a bit of money saved l am going to try and find an activity / class I can attend as a means of filling that "escape" aspect that gambling once filled.

Have a great day! I'm going to celebrate with a coffee & choc eclair! .. l'll walk it off on me way home!)

Mona.
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Well done on your 8 months Mona. I hope you have had a lovely weekend.

I think that it is a bit harder maybe because of the weather too. So busy filling our days with gardening, walking and just being out and about in general in the nicer weather.

Now we have hit winter and become a little more housebound , I think the boredom threshold increases.
On the bright side we only have 10 more weeks of winter to go. That just may leave me enough time to plan out my new garden beds.
Hope you have enjoyed your eclairs this weekend Mona. Sending you much strength 😊
Cazza

Postby Mona58 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:19 pm

Thanks Cazza!

Just one! l only had one eclair on Friday!

Yes it is interesting feeling different in the colder days, I'd banished the word "bored" and just say I'm relaxed or having a lazy day. There is always something to do but yet some days are just "crappy" but they pass.
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:34 am

Hi Mona, hope you have had a lovely week. Not much happening in the garden this weekend going to be too wet i think.
Sitting by the fire this morning watching the sky grow blacker and blacker. Days like this i love winter as i know i don't have to rush out the door to work.
Enjoy your weekend Mona 😊
Cazza

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard