" "

Payday blues...

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Payday blues...

Postby Tigercool » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:26 pm

Well done, Mona.
I hope I can acheive what you did. Also, thanks for helping and encouraging all the other ppl on the forum.
Tigercool

Postby Mona58 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:15 am

Thanks Tiger.
You can too do it! Accept the emotions / feelings and work "with them".
It is the people on here that I thank. I could not have done it without their support and encouragement.

Day 99...

Something wasn't right last night... I couldn't sleep was awake till almost 3 am. So made a cup of herbal tea and I read my thread from day one... and I cried... that is what I needed! The funeral had triggered some sad memories and I am still thinking about those friends and my own life in the past that made me ME today. Reading my posts and thoughts ... I'd wondered whether I'm now Mona and if she will ever leave my real life ...?? It feels silly... but I'd often find myself talking to Mona!

100 days tomorrow... there's always now something to look forward to. I can plan things for tomorrow if I want. I am able to make / have "choices". The control aspect ... I control how l want to spend my day. There's so much Catching up to do! Sometimes its slow some days is fast... reminds of Seneca's book Life is long enough ... Having a "clearer" and more calmer life now I'd find myself remembering alot of things I'd learnt and read years-years ago. Sometimes its like l'd forgotten what I learnt last week but remember something I learnt 10 years ago!

It is just really nicer Not to gamble and thrilling enough to watch the garden grow! l think I could sit here for a while and just smile ...here I burst into giggles! Stop it Mona! ha ha
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Menz199 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:58 pm

Good on you, MONA, do something special for reaching 100 days, last year I baked a cake, and iced it with '100' on top, to represent being 100 days gf, proud of you.
Menz199

Postby DFP » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:08 pm

Well done Mona!
Always a 'work in progress'
DFP

Postby Mona58 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:20 pm

Thank you Thomas & DFP.

I Just baked a cake and some muffins tonight. Visiting a friend in hospital tomorrow but will definitely do something special later.
Mona58

Postby Jeddie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:11 am

WELL DONE MONA, Congratulations on 100 days. You have done an amazing job for yourself and everyone that reads and follows your posts. You have bared your soul to us and come out on top.

100 days gambling free, yippee for you 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Mona58 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:33 pm

Thank-you so much Jeddie! x

ONE HUNDRED Days POKIE FREE! Gawd how exciting! I'd been thinking about it all day!

Just gotten home from the hospital. Today I treated myself to a giantic hamburger, paid for friends lunch and went looking for a new pair of runners! Unfortunately the sports shop has moved so have to find another. But that was my 100 day reward! I'd also brought a new battery for my phone and it was nice to be able to pay for it without a second thought.

That habital thought of pokies popped up as the train arrived at my station... it just made me smile inside and say NO I'm not giving up my happiness or my 100 days for misery!

Mona... On ONE HUNDRED DAYS GF! It is exhilarating... la la la dada da woo hoo!
Mona58

Postby Jeddie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:10 pm

I feel your excitement. It’s a great feeling. Fancy being able to afford lunch x2, sneakers and a phone battery. Unheard of 100 days ago. So proud of you x
🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

114 pokie free days for me.
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Menz199 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:34 pm

Congratulations MONA, proud of you, it's great doing something for others, something I love doing, but pokies stop us thinking of anyone but ourselves, and harming othersthan helping them.

Proud of you 😀😀😀👍👍👍
Menz199

Postby DFP » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:32 pm

Warmest congratulations Mona!!! You are an inspiration, and sharing your journey has been useful to so many of us.
Always a 'work in progress'
DFP

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard