" "

Payday blues...

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Payday blues...

Postby DFP » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Well done Mona - a successful day. Keep it going, with determination and control.
DFP

Postby Mona58 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:17 pm

thanks DFP .

Had a nice quiet day 74... worry free and GF
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:05 am

All is calm .. All is bright ... on day 75 gamble free!

ha ha. that's a lame attempt at poetry! A nice mantra for the day though!
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:35 am

The last day of 2017 ... What a year its been for me.

2017. I'll remember as the year I got life back. Its still early days but my determination to live gamble free is much stronger. I think it grows stronger with each temptation and urge overcome.

2018... Plans in place. I only hope they eventuate. I oftentimes tell myself ''Me and plans" dont go together. But the thing is l also never give up hope. If it doesn't happen according to my plan... then maybe I'd chosen the wrong day and hope tomorrow it happens or some other time. It actually feels nicer today ., thinking is so much more positive.. no longer feeling like the future is more of the same but different day. Which reminds me I picked up a Tshirt last Friday on the front is writ Same Same on the back But different... sometimes messages appear ....

I have been and felt extremely lazy ... quiet.. the last couple of days ... not so much physically but mentally. This in itself amazes me as I "used" to make mini mountains out of molehills. The most recent one that matter with stepmother: had I given into the "gamble demon" I'd not be calm and happy enough today.

And l also know I'd not gotten through without the support from all of you on here. I hope 2018 brings us ... ??? whatever it brings ... may we stay strong ... cope with things normally and be free from the gamble demon's grip!

Mona on day 78 GF
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:13 pm

Happy New Year! What a lovely pleasant start to 2018.

Read posts this morning.

While doing gardening I got to thinking about "resolutions".. and jeddie's post about learning to save money. Although I haven't saved as much as I hoped since being gamble free I'm enjoying good food and not having to scrimp so much. I've gotten into a habit of putting 10 x $10 notes into a money tin. Every time I go 'down the street I'd take a $20 leave ATM cards home. (Except for paydays when I do the bulk of my shopping) When I get home I'd empty my purse of the coins. I enjoy this and especially buying a plant or two. When the cafe reopens enjoying a coffee & cake. It is also the walk that does me good more so since being gamble free.

One-day at a time ...

Mona-.. reflective
Mona58

Postby Oregon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:39 am

Congrats on getting through the "silly season". Happy New Year! Please keep posting - it's amazing how often you are able to express the same thoughts and feelings I have had.

Oregon on day 32?(ish) GF
Oregon

Postby Mona58 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:06 pm

Thanks Oregon. Congrats on 33 days!

Today went really fast. I'd spend the day sorting clothes and doing a bit of mending. Watched The Edinburgh Military tattoo and thought how my Oma would have loved it. Got a bit teary as I remembered Saturday evenings she'd make popcorn and we'd watch Young Talent Time.

Most of the afternoon I'd spent looking at cost of flights to Tassie. I think I'd have to wait another payday before making a decision. Then my daughter tells me she has computer problems ... SO.... ?? What was different is that as I looked at flights the word expensive never crossed my mind. "I can't afford it" seems to have vanished from my vocabuIary today.

Mona in day EIGHTY ... Eight O ....80 days GF ...

80 days 80 days 80 days Gamble Freeeee..... ( I'd been singing it in my mind near all day! hee hee hee!)
Mona58

Postby DFP » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Congratulations Mona - 80 days!! A great feeling of success.
DFP

Postby Mona58 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:28 am

Thanks DFP

It sure is a great feeling!

I'd had to walk pass the D-Dens today and barely noticed them... BUT not assuming I'm over them. I'm now very wary of trigger moments ... day 71 still fresh in my mind. I did for a bit worry the demon WAS gonna jump out today on day 81 ... but I think it knows I'm stronger and in control today so it might have to try another day!

Nice to read lots of posts this morning. Stay strong everyone and life becomes as life will be gamble free.

Mona in day 81
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:26 pm

Day 84 ...

A few "Things" have ticked me off today!

I've been trying to paste the ABC State of play2 site here but for some Reason it won't let me! (its in two other posts though) ...This is one of readings that had fueled my angst today... "hardened my resolve" I guess.

Yesterday I thought it is NOW an easy matter of simply Not gambling. Staying quit...
Mona58

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard