" "

Payday blues...

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Payday blues...

Postby Mona58 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks Sandra!

l had to go enroll at Uni today! I really hope to get back in! Told the receptionist I'll be back to sit on the floor and protest if they don't let me backl haha.

Then met up with friend at a Pokies Venue in the city called the Clocks. I was an hour early and walked in a bit hesitant but otherwise OK. .. The place was being renovated.. Smaller cafe Bigger pokies room! I felt nothing really. Not tempted at all. Sat down with my back to the D-Den, ordered a coffee and read book while I waited. Well I tried to read... but I kept seeing people walking pass ' Some hurry into the pokies. Some walking slowly out... poor buggers I thought!

You know I'm really glad I have no interest in gambling anymore. ... hope it stays that way! But I know l have to be aware that temptations and urges can hit any time for rest of my life. I'll always be an addict! $1 is best put in the money box!

l've a busy weekend ahead too.

Stay Strong everyone! Life is wonderful NOT gambling!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:49 am

https://lens.monash.edu/2018/02/02/1308 ... -Melbourne

Thought that might interest some of you.

Taking a break from housework. Hardly thinking of anything but what I'm doing!
Mona58

Postby User 586eee5282d07 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:08 am

Morning Mona, i too am having a break from housework, need to get ready for a bithday party anyway ( lol that's my excuse and im sticking to it).

Have a great day.

Sandra
Xx
User 586eee5282d07

Postby Oregon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:28 am

Wow Mona!

Congrats on applying for Uni! Talk about getting back into life!

It seems every licensed venue is creating more space for more pokies. It's sad that governments can't cap them. Even sadder when it takes away from beer gardens and cafes - nice places to just sit back and enjoy life. The TAB section never seems to shrink though - funny that. :(

Thanks for continuing to post even after your 100 days - means a lot to sign in every day and read what you and others have been up to.

- Oregon 14 days GF
Gamble free since 22.01.18
Oregon

Postby Menz199 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi MONA
Glad to hear your going well
Sorry about this but
When I go to send a PM, it ends up in my outbox, and I'm not sure how to 'send the message' shouldn't it just send the message automatically

I know this not the right place to put this and I apologise but am unsure of where to ask this question.

Thank you
Menz199

Postby Mona58 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:13 am

Thanks Oregon and Thomas!

Congratulations on 14 & 16 days : keep going & stay strong!

l've had a very lived past two days... mentally & physically. The mental part is "oh oh... No not again!" The physical is good as it brings good sleep!

Yesterday I took the cheapest ever bus tour The 903 Smart bus, Mordialloc to Altona. Travelled from West up North to East then down South around Melbourne! Travelling through suburb after suburb was just eye-opening! One thing that I've brought home with me was how huge the world outside me really is! 4 hours! I'd shed a few tears along the way ... and left small load clap-trap on that bus!

I had popped in and read posts... Good to see support to newcomers and seeing peoples' GF days growing!

Well I best get about my day! Got to look my best for my next 10 year drivers licence! lol

Mona in 16 weeks 2 days GF (115 days!)
Mona58

Postby Catherine1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:07 am

Well Done Mona on 115 days GF. I am at 32 days today. I have been doing a great lot of exercise, and agree you seem to have a better sleep. Probably because you are exhausted. No gambling thoughts today. Travelling well. Will have a challenge tonight, as I am going to the local club to have tea with a girlfriend that is down from Qld. It's the only decent place to get a feed in our small town. I will enter through the side entrance, which bypasses the pokies area, so I have a plan in place. Will only take my card to pay for tea and have only $20 in my purse for drinks. No extra cash = No gambling.
Catherine1

Postby Mona58 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:23 pm

Well done on 32 days Catherine! Stay strong!

l had a trigger moment last Sunday when I arrived at my station, l was so tired and thought I'd grab some fish & chips for tea. The path was one I'd taken to go to the D-Dens When I used to gamble so memory was triggered... it felt weird and somewhat "slow" but I didn't have a urge to gamble and just had to quietly remind Myself that I don't gamble anymore! Got my tea and headed home!

Today on my way up I'd passed D-den without realising and looked back for a moment to see that I had already passed it. When I did I saw the door open and shut. Its almost like it does not exist anymore just like the bottle shops I'm blind to them.

I'd had an enjoyable day shopping! Got my licence done . Op Shop, had a 10 items for $1 sale so I'd brought a few glass vessels for plants and some "new" mugs! Then had lunch in a cafe before doing some food shopping! l only wished I'd checked the weather before I left and cross that I'd forgotten my sunnies!

(Menz,, sorry I don't know about the PMs ... )
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:41 am

Hope everyone is travelling well.

I'd gone out to the NGV yesterday and really enjoyed myself.

Last night I spend a fair bit of time in the forum. l am reading in the Courtyard and had started at the last page (39) and read downwards, I'm at page 34 now. This seems to have become weekly Saturday evening routine. There are no day time GA meetings around... so reading old posts keeps me strong. I'd often found some interesting posts and wondered if I should post in it to bring it forward-.-But then I'd told myself I needed to let people find their own Way...

I am fighting to maintain this level of "happiness". I feel it is being threatensd... so have made an appointment with my doctor to talk about it.

I DO ... I AM and I must be still feelIng strong because I have NO gamble urge or temptations. It really is so hard to put into words... an emptiness often takes over my mind...

???

Stay Strong people... life without gambling is worth fighting for!

Mona on day 120 GF ... 16 weeks ... 4 months!!
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 pm

Hello..

Just noticed the last post should be 17 wks

Am doing ok... no gambling urges nor temptations. But I still fear they can hit suddenly. I felt l had been or am 'going through trigger moments ... and am dealing with it without escaping to pokies. Seeing doctor tomorrow and hopefully find a solution for the issue I need to deal with .

l have also been busy with preparing reading material for uni! that will keep me occupied for the next few years of my life! I did wonder a few times about how it different it might be to study and be gamble free! l gambled during my last course which made study more stressful I suppose. Its nice to be able to get all my books in one go instead of having to borrow from library till next pay because I'd thought I'd gone to the pokies to try win big! tsk! tsk!

Hope everyone is well and staying strong,

Mona ... on 128 days GF (18 weeks and 1 day)
Mona58

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard