" "

My story

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: My story

Postby Pikey94 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:31 pm

Today I found out some tragic news. A relative of my cousins family passed away. Honestly didn't know him too well, met him maybe 3 or 4 times, the first being at my 21st birthday party. So young at 20 years old as well. But it really puts into perspective how insignificant my financial losses are. I can recoup that money as long as I continue to fix my gambling problem. I couldn't imagine the feeling of losing a close loved one.

Anyway, on a positive note, I am still going strong on day 2 GF!
Pikey94

Postby Mona58 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:35 pm

That is sad. Things like that really make you think about life.

Stay strong !
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Jasmine » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Sorry for the sad news but I am glad you see things from different perspectives. yes, we should stay strong and be grateful we still alive. We should live well..happy and healthy. Money is just a small thing we can earn and save.
Jasmine

Postby Pikey94 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:43 pm

Just received some wonderful news from my financial counsellor! CBA have agreed to waive all interest for the next 12 months on my credit card. I am honestly so happy and hopefully i'll repay most of the balance in those 12 months.

Going strong on day 3 GF.
Pikey94

Postby Jeddie » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:25 pm

Thanks wonderful news, now onward and upward for you.🙂
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Mona58 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:33 pm

Fantastic Pikey... all good things happening for you now ! So that's a huge weight of your shoulders and you can concentrate on being gamble free and taking care of yourself. How are you going to do this?

Mona
Mona58

Postby Springhope17 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:22 pm

I'm so glad you went to the meeting! And now the hardest part is over, walking in for the first time!

Tha'ts also great news about having the interest frozen! My only advice is pay as much off as you can! I had a similar arrangement and unfortunately relapsed and kept gambling when that period ended i pretty much had the same amount as i started with 6 months earlier! I had my chance and I blew it big time!

Hope you have GF weekend
Springhope17

Postby Pikey94 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:20 pm

Thanks guys for the kind words. Still banking a lot on my job interview on Thursday. It would greatly increase my income up until at least June which means I would be able to fully pay off my dad and also pay off more than half of the credit card, while still having a generous amount to spend on myself. Going to the weekly GA meetings I feel will keep me accountable because I know even though they will support me, I wouldn't want to walk into one and say I've relapsed.
Pikey94

Postby Mona58 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:45 pm

That's great Pikey! Hope it all works out as planned ... ... not wanting to sound a downer but try focus on just one day at a time. If your plans fall short that is when slips / relapses can happen. Having financial stability and the "generous amount to spend on yourself"... calls the temptationist.

Keep going to meetings.. keep posting.

They say we need to "replace" gambled time with something enjoyable.
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:21 pm

How you doing Pikey?
Mona58

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard