" "

I have a problem

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

I have a problem

Postby MarkV » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:59 am

I'm one who has been in denial for a long time but deep down I know I have an issue

Money in my account is almost a licence to gamble. To the detriment of myself and, more importantly, my family, I am not at all conscious of my impacts when I get going. I know it is destroying everything but can't stop

Last night I dropped $2k in a drunken state. Too easy to do and I know I can't afford to do it. Fully expect my partner to flip when she finds out and rightfully so.

I feel such a loser but not even for the money. It is more the knowledge of the weakness that is killing me.

I need to stop ....
MarkV

Re: I have a problem

Postby pamela » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:36 am

Hi Mark..admitting to the problem is the first big step.you can stop this addiction.with guts and determination if you want it bad enough.there is a lot of help available to you so I suggest you accept all the help you can to try and stop
pamela

Re: I have a problem

Postby Jerry (facilitator) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi Mark,

It sounds like gambling has a hold on you. It's a difficult habit to break and most people need help to do so. Luckily help is freely available. This forum is also a great place to get some advice and see what has worked for others.

You have a difficult road to walk, but you don't have to do it alone.

Welcome to the forum.
Jerry (facilitator)

Return to The Courtyard