" "

my first post ... what the hell am i doing in here?

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: my first post ... what the hell am i doing in here?

Postby JinxyWolf » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi Jim68,

I just read your post on Popeye's thread in the 100 day challenge and I hope that you saying you are retiring from the forum is not true. It would be a shame not to have your input and I see that this forum had been a real help to you and overcoming your addiction. It's easy to get caught up in another persons addiction,, in both their successes and failures, you try to help and give advice and all you end up doing is banging your head against a brick wall. Try not to let their lapses in judgement be the reason you are no longer posting and seeking the support you need, after all you are here for yourself and not others.

I have been following your posts and I can see you are very passionate about quitting and also helping others who are trying to quit and that is something that will be missed if you decide to no longer post. Of course it is your decision and if you feel it is the best course of action in terms of your ability to stay on the "wagon" then by all means do what you feel is best, but if it is for any other reason I suggest you truly think hard about no longer visiting and contributing to this forum.

Be Well

JinxyWolf.
JinxyWolf

Postby jimi68 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:32 pm

thanks minxywolf!!!
I couldn't resist one last look at my own post and I'm glad I did.
Perhaps I should ignore the posts I want to avoid and still come here
as you remind me the benefits are way too valuable to miss out on.
Thanks for your comment.and for reminding me my primary reason to be here is to care for myself.
so no more disputes!!!!!!!
(unless its about Donald trump) :)
only joking.... I better not start that one or well all get banned eventually..........

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm gonna now start reading other peoples stories to get a feel for what else is on here......
and I'm starting with yours..
WIN BY NOT GAMBLING
jimi68

Postby User 586eee5282d07 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi jimi68,

I totally agree with jinxywolf. We all miss out if we are not here to support each other and you have such an entertaining way with words:-) cheers sandra
User 586eee5282d07

Postby JinxyWolf » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:29 pm

Hey Jim68,

I'm gad you have decided to stay that's fantastic. Yeah don't us started on Donald Trump, things will not end well LOL :D :D :D

Jinxywolf
JinxyWolf

Postby jimi68 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:39 pm

WARNING EVERYONE!!!!!!
I think one of those computer virus is going through these threads and deleting peoples posts.
For some reason it seems to only be affecting popeyes posts at the moment..
Make shure you allways have a virus scanner active..
It better to be safe than sorry...
I use avast antivirus and its free!!!!
someone tell Popeye he shouldn't worry as I think the moderators have the ability to put them all back in
So everthings gonna turn out ok!!
jimi68

Postby JinxyWolf » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Hey Jim68,

Don't think it's a virus. The facilitators here have to ability to delete any post that doesn't conform to the rules of the forum or if any complaints have been made. I'd say it's the facilitators deleting his posts.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby Kim » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Hi Jimi. I would really be so glad if you keep posting as not only are you funny and entertaining you also give great advice! I have taken screen shots of advice you have given so that I can go back to it easily if I want to. You have added something new and unique and valuable to this forum. So please..stick around😁😁
Kim

Postby Jerry (facilitator) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know that it is probably us facilitators are responsible for a few of the missing posts. I have deleted a few posts that have encouraged gambling or been aggressive.

But people are welcome to delete their own posts as well so that accounts for some of the missing posts too.

This is a safe space for supportive messages. Messages that do not make people feel safe get deleted.
Jerry (facilitator)

Postby jimi68 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:57 pm

funny thing is all of popeyes posts that remain on my threads have been modified by him around the same time this afternoon
to a small dot.
all of them . not one of them is left.
It says so... on the bottom of the widow of each post.
oh well
no matter ill just have to use my imagination to reconstruct my gambling diary here.
as all the information here on these very posts has been my ONLY record of my progress and thinking I have made through this DIFFICULT period.
I guess ill just have to use my imagination and try to remmenber the now incomplete record of the discussion process and its value and effect on others, whether I'm right or wrong, other peoples responses etc what it means if I say certain things....etc..
and how all of that EVERY TINY BIT of it has helped me to learn how to STOP GAMBLING
-How I'm supposed to reconstruct those messages of my diary if I cant remember what was said.
Ive been sabotaged!!!!!
the forum has been vandalized!!!!
doesn't matter..
movin on.
looks like popeye erased himself completely from his own post 100 days as well.
Last edited by jimi68 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
jimi68

Postby JinxyWolf » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:22 pm

Hey Jim,

Words don't matter, actions do. You diary may have been altered and I understand the frustration, however that doesn't mean that the actions you have taken since beginning your journey have changed in significance. It also doesn't mean you have to start again, you know how far you have come and what you have done to get there and that's the main thing. What you have learnt by being on this forum is still with you, and of course there is always something new to learn. Me, even being nearly 7 months gamble free, I'm still learning, learning about myself and what gambling has taken from me, but also learning about how to live my life without gambling being a part of it.

So keep learning, stay strong and keep moving forward.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard