" "

To The One's I Love

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: To The One's I Love

Postby JinxyWolf » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:44 pm

Hey Lee,

Big Congrats on hitting the 6 month mark. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Enjoy living and keep up the great work.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby FamilyFirst » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Hello All :D
6 MONTHS GAMBLE FREE!!!! :D
WOO HOO!
Just got back from an awesome fishing trip with my best mate. Had a great time relaxing by the river, catching plenty and having a few celebratory drinks.
Last night as I hopped into my swag I realised that exactly six months ago I was doing exactly the same thing, albeit under extremely different circumstances.......

I was sleeping rough, next to my car at a local oval.. I had just had a quick splash for a shower in the sink of the toilet block and was looking forward to going home to see my kids and sit down with the missus and try to patch things up the next day....
At that point I was still planning on allowing myself $50 per week to gamble, but when I read the letter my partner had written for me that next day, I wept and instantly my mind clicked into gear and I accepted that I needed to give up gambling for good and announced my intentions immediately. My partner was relieved to have me back but forever cautious, but I can live with that.. I can't live without her and my boys though.. That's one thing I won't allow gambling to take from me.

So anyway last night in my swag was a much better memory for me to have :D
Although it was soooo bloody cold, frost on our chairs and the car windshield this morning... Brrrrrrrr!!! At least the campfire stoked up quickly ;)
Thanks all for all the support and well wishes guys, hang in there everyone it gets easier as the days go by.
Cheers, Lee
6MonthsGF
FamilyFirst

Postby FamilyFirst » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:59 pm

THANKS JINXYWOLF :D
FamilyFirst

Postby pamela » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:29 am

Well done Lee..thats a great effort.you have come such a long way and should be really proud..life can only keep getting better for you
Pam
pamela

Postby Miette (facilitator) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:18 pm

Congratulations Lee!!! 6 months!!

So great to hear about the progress you have made and where you are at.

Wow, such different circumstance to 6 months ago. Good on you making this change.

Thank you for sharing your journey - it offers hope to the many that will read it on this forum.

All the best,
Miette :D
Miette (facilitator)

Postby FamilyFirst » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:54 pm

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well and trying to stay strong and focused?
I've had a busy few months and it all came to a halt early last Friday when my lower back succumbed to the rigorous beating I give to it on a daily basis. I've had a dodgy back since I was 20 or so but it never got this bad.. I couldn't walk for three days and i only got to the Physio on Monday afternoon. Finally back to work tomorrow.

If this had happened while I was gambling we wouldn't of been able to eat or pay rent next week, let alone afford anything else... But as we have savings now it's not an issue and I've been able to take the necessary time off to get better.

On the eve of my 200th day gamble free I am feeling great. I had my birthday last week and a few relatives gave me cash...
I have had the cash at my disposal and have not used it to gamble. The thoughts were definetly there but I would rather spend it on useful things :D

Tomorrow will be a great day for me, in fact everyday not spent gambling is a great day!!

Stay strong everyone,
Cheers, Lee
199DaysGF
FamilyFirst

Postby JinxyWolf » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:05 am

Hey Lee,

200 Days that is AWESOME.. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

How great it is when even the unexpected can be dealt with without succumbing to old coping habits. It's a great feeling.

Well Done and Keep up the Brilliant work.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby FamilyFirst » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Hello all,
Celebrating my 7 year anniversary with my loving partner and soulmate today :D
Then tomorrow marks 7 months gamble free!!!
In my whole adult life I've never felt as good as I do now!!
I have very little stress in my life anymore and I think about everything differently these days, it's all for the better.
I'm looking forward to my future with renewed enthusiasm, where in the past I was a slave to the machines.
Hope everyone out there can get to where I'm at and beyond, just take it one day at a time and anything's possible.
Cheers everyone,
Lee
FamilyFirst

Postby JinxyWolf » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:25 pm

Hey Lee,

Congrats on the 7 month mark. Well done :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And happy anniversary....

The future is bright indeed.....Make the most of it.....

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby DFP » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:03 am

Congratulations! Inspiring to hear about your profound change in attitude, belief, focus etc. I am 28 days today, and I feel pretty good too - just need to keep it that way (feeling strong this time). Well done and thanks for sharing your journey.
DFP

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard