" "

Tired and fed up

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Tired and fed up

Postby Calvin (facilitator) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:47 pm

Hi Giveupforgood,

Its Calvin here, one of the facilitators.
Well done on day 25 !! You're doing really well. Yes you may still experience urges and triggers, like others have said these will become less frequent.
If you feel you have urges maybe keep a diary to log these in or give gamblers helpline a call just to debrief or to get a referral for a counsellor 1800858858.

Keep up the great work.

Regards,

Calvin
Calvin (facilitator)

Postby Giveupforgood » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Hi guys.....well 30 days in and i slipped up. Played the pokies with some mates after dinner one night. Didnt get carried away but a bets a bet nevertheless. This was a few days ago and i havent had the urge since which is good. As mentioned my real problem is the horses and greyhounds ect. So i am switching my focus. I really wanna make it to 100 days with out a bet on the races. This is something i havent acheived since i turned 18. Im Not beating myself up over it just going to keep trudging on as best possible.
Giveupforgood

Postby Wenna (facilitator) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi Giveupforgood, its good you checked in and it sounds like you are still on track to achieve your 100 days without a bet on the races. 30 Days is a good achievement and it sounds like you have a strategy to stay focused. Keep with it.

All the best
Wenna
Wenna (facilitator)

Postby Cazza » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi , hey how did you go over the weekend. All good i hope ?
Cazza

Previous

Return to The Courtyard