" "

Tired and fed up

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Tired and fed up

Postby Jonno1982 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:59 pm

I must add i do love getting mesaages of support from you all. Its nice to talk to people who understand
Jonno1982

Postby JinxyWolf » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:12 pm

Hey Jonno,

You are right, even though we are all battling the same addiction, we all face it and deal with it in our own way. What works for one of us may not work for others.

If minimizing is the path you truly want to follow, then follow it with all you heart. What ever path you choose, make sure you fully commit, with everything you have, you owe it to yourself and your family. You deserve to be happy. Who knows, given enough time, minimizing may just give way to giving it up completely :D .

Support is why we all come here and support is what you will always get here :) :) .....

Be Well.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby Miette (facilitator) » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:35 pm

All the best Jonno! It sounds like you are putting in place strategies that you feel are realistic to your situation and experience. Remember that you don't go back to square one - it is what you learn when you slip - what you need to do differently next time.

Keep us updated on what is happening for you, it is great to hear that you get so much from the support offered on this forum.
Miette (facilitator)

Postby Jonno1982 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:17 pm

Hey guys......ive fallen off the wagon again :( . I need to stop.....for good or at least a long time. I just dont know how. Im starting to hit financial trouble again and have that sinking feeling. I just cant lose that desire to have a bet. I hate it. I am going to try work out a plan on how to give it away. Its going to be so hard
Jonno1982

Postby JinxyWolf » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi Jonno,

Sorry to hear about the lapse but so glad you are still trying.

You right, giving up or even reducing gambling is a big challenge. But it is very much achievable. I think you would find it helpful if you don't put a time line on it. Instead of saying "I won't gamble for, say a month" just say "I will not gamble today". It makes the task seem much less daunting and more achievable. It's great to set goals, but perhaps instead of focusing those goals on not gambling, focus them on something you want or need, something achievable, for me it was a new set of golf clubs.

I wish you all the best and your journey...You can do this.....

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby Jonno1982 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:31 pm

Thats actually quite a good idea not putting a timeline on it....i like that. Ive had a good hard think and look at myself this afternoon. I have come up with the following....i have closed my online tab account permanatley never to be reopened. I have vowed never to play the pokies again (unless its with my wife she likes 20c hits) the only time i will bet is at the races when i go (maybe 2-3 times a year) i will bet when the boys have a punting weekend ( maybe twice a year) furthermore when these ocasions do arise my max bet will be $20.....i will not put a bigger bet on than that. I will see how this goes. Should i fail again then im going to have to give it away fullstop. I feel like **** tonight. I hate the feeling it gives you.
Jonno1982

Postby blastoise (facilitator) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi Jonno1982,

Hope the day has been good for you. I've just been going over your posts from the beginning of this thread, and while there has been gambling, there has been a shift in your optimism and willingness to put strategies in place, try suggestions and continue to put boundaries in place.
Closing your account is a massive step, so well done!
How did today go for you?
You can do it!

Cheers,

Blastoise
blastoise (facilitator)

Postby Jonno1982 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:01 pm

Been about 5-6 days now and so far so good. Ive had the oppurtunity to bet however have remained strong. I have gone over my plan several times and re-affirmed why im doing it. The positives far outweigh the negatives. Yes shutting down my account and self excluding was hard however necessary. Fingers crossed this all stays the same. Im sick of giving myself 2nd chances i really wanna make a reasonable plan and stick to it.
Jonno1982

Postby blastoise (facilitator) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:29 pm

Hey Jonno1982,

That's excellent to hear, sounds like you were in a situation to bet and you didn't get in - what things did you say to yourself to NOT gamble and walk away? What are the PROS and CONS of gambling for you?

Don't be too hard on yourself, the fact that you use second chances mean that your determined to keep trying, which the is key! Keep us posted on you've gone this week, whats been difficult, and maybe what you've noticed not gambling.

Cheers
Blastoise
blastoise (facilitator)

Postby Jonno1982 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:35 pm

Still no bets. It doesnt take long to start feeling great and positive about things. Im so much happier without having these huge losses. I am keen to stay on track with my new plan and see it through
Jonno1982

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard