" "

Tired and fed up

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Tired and fed up

Postby Pea pod » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:32 am

Hi Jonno. Sorry your feeling so down. I know how your feeling and it's not a good place to be. Maybe you should look into self exclusion form your local venues and make access to cash more difficult. Have you thought of seeing a gambling counsellor aswell. From my experience I could only really begin to work on my addiction when I put those things in place. Just saying " I will cut back' is very very difficult for a compulsive gambler. Continue to think about what your gambling with, "your family" and make changes so you can work on your self and get to some answers to why you gamble. Good luck
Pea pod

Postby Jonno1982 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks for your messages. I know the right thing at this point is to give it away for good. I made a promise to myself if i got carried away again that i would give up. I would love to have one more chance at doing the right thing but hell this has been a problem for the best part of 20 years. Im not confident and i dont think i can do it which i know is the wrong mindset however i have to be hinest with myself. The best thing about the last 6 months is that i have not given up or turned a blind eye to the problem. I would say im guna give up then 2 weeks later be full steam ahead again with not a care in the world. The last 6 months has been a better 6 months that before that so all i can do is continue to try and make the next 6 months even better again.
Jonno1982

Postby pamela » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:21 am

Jonno it canbe done.I played the pokies for 18years. And havent touched a machine for 2 years now..you have to be really determined to stop and it takes awhile but it is doable..dont think "I can't..think I can"..once you change how you think it is much easier
pamela

Previous

Return to The Courtyard