" "

Tired and fed up

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Tired and fed up

Postby Springhope17 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:50 am

You can do this. Look at all the pain and anguish gambling has caused you, has caused all of us.

You need to walk away, step back from it or you will keep getting burned and wind up worse off!

I know how hard it is trust me. But we keep going back over and over and then we get the same result.

It's so hard to accept but we will never get back all the money we have lost.

If you are worried about not gambling again maybe you should tell yourself I will not gamble until I am debt free, I will not gamble until I have done this or done that.

You are here so that is the first step it means you want help you want to stop. It is so encouraging that you keep coming back and fighting this addiction.
You can do this!
Springhope17

Postby Giveupforgood » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Thanks for all the replys guys. I dont find anyone on here being harsh at all.....its brutal honesty i think i need. I had a great nights sleep last night and that alone has made me feel better today. I am taking it minute by minute at the moment day by day as jinxy suggested. Ive setup my day counter again and day 1 is a matter of hours from being complete. Yes i have hit rock bottom the trouble is i keep hitting it. Im at the point where my financial state is at breaking point. This is the point i keep ending up at. I have made all the plans in the world for quitting and nothing has worked. Thanks for all your support it means alot. I will keep posting and keep plugging away.
Giveupforgood

Postby JinxyWolf » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:51 pm

GiveUpforGood,

I know it's hard when it feels like just when you are getting ahead something comes along and knocks you right back on your a*rse time and time again.
It's times like these you really need to reflect on what the real consequences of having a punt at that moment will be. Take a minute and think, If you give in to that momentary urge what will happen, be honest with yourself, having a bet in that moment will accomplish nothing but more pain and back on the merry go round you will go.

Just remember, urges past, and given time they will get less frequent. There is light at the end of this tunnel, reach for it, you deserve it.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby Giveupforgood » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:02 pm

Well 2 days down.....and as usual the first few days feel great. Can already feel the weight lifting off my shoulders. Already so much happier. It really is so amazing how easily gambling bogs you down and how easy it is to get lost and carried away. I still know the hard part will be after a month or 2 of no betting once i feel better or fixed how i am going to resist then. Even sitting here now i feel happy about not betting and i know i need to give it away but i dont want to and thats the part i struggle with. Anyway each day is an acheivement at this point so will keep on truckin.
Giveupforgood

Postby Giveupforgood » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:57 am

Into day 4 now....amazing how quickly the days stack up. Feeling great and keeping positive. Today is a day i could easily gamble as i have most of it off however i plan on spending it wisely......1 day at a time.
Giveupforgood

Postby buttercup (facilitator) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:21 am

Giveupforgood wrote:Into day 4 now....amazing how quickly the days stack up. Feeling great and keeping positive. Today is a day i could easily gamble as i have most of it off however i plan on spending it wisely......1 day at a time.

Well done making it to day four! that is a stellar effort, also well done having a plan in place for today. Making a plan is really useful when you battle those cravings and urges.
buttercup (facilitator)

Postby Giveupforgood » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:21 pm

Had a great weekend with family and still no bets. I have barley even thought about it. I unfollowed all the horse racing and gambling sites on my facebook which has hekped me forget about it. It really is amazing what a difference this makes. I did look up the race results saturday night......old habits die hard i guess but thats the only negative. So day 8 trudgjng on to 100 is my first goal.
Giveupforgood

Postby Cazza » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:55 pm

Well done already into your 2nd week.
Keep your blocks in place and wishing you strength to staying GF 😊
Cazza

Previous

Return to The Courtyard