" "

Another day one

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Another day one

Postby little_fish » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:43 am

Another day one. Feel as though I'm never going to get on top of this. Going to my first GA meeting tonight.
little_fish

Re: Another day one

Postby little_fish » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:01 am

I get paid tonight, but I've cut up my atm cards. I'm using Apple Pay for the moment. I have $800 in my bag that I managed to walk out of a venue with last night. It isn't winnings--it's just money I managed not to lose/steal from myself (I walked in with $2500). Car rego is due & both dogs need their vaccinations.
little_fish

Postby Pea pod » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:35 am

Hi little fish. Why are you able to access such big $$ to walk into a venue with. ? Can you limits your daily to $100 on ATM card ? Also are you self excluded? We are only able to help ourselves with this addition I think by putting in road blocks that stop us in out tracks before the damage is done. I never walked out with money from avenue that I didn't put back in because chasing the loss is always in the fore front of our addiction. Pay all your bills when your pay comes in on line take the animals to the vet ASAP try and lock the remainder of the pay and cash away. All the best for today . Peapod.
Pea pod

Postby little_fish » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:50 am

Pea pod wrote:Hi little fish. Why are you able to access such big $$ to walk into a venue with. ? Can you limits your daily to $100 on ATM card ? Also are you self excluded? We are only able to help ourselves with this addition I think by putting in road blocks that stop us in out tracks before the damage is done. I never walked out with money from avenue that I didn't put back in because chasing the loss is always in the fore front of our addiction. Pay all your bills when your pay comes in on line take the animals to the vet ASAP try and lock the remainder of the pay and cash away. All the best for today . Peapod.

Thanks, Pea pod. I can withdraw large sums from the branch. I'm talking to them today about blocking access to the account. I've thought about self-exclusion, but there are so many venues!
little_fish

Postby Mona58 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:16 am

Stay strong lil-fish .

Think positive! You can do it!
It is daunting but think of how much better you will be in 20 years time! It is hard work... mentally & physically ... getting through each day becomes more important than ever! RemovIng temptations is one step! FightIng Urges is the next... and these are horrendous at the beginning .. they diminish after a while but still pop up when we least expect them.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby little_fish » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:20 am

Thanks for the encouragement, Mona. :)
little_fish

Postby Oregon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:42 pm

Hi little fish,

Good luck with your first GA meeting tonight. I have been going for a few weeks and it has made a huge difference. Go in there with an open mind and take as much as you can out of what everyone says. Everyone has a different story with the same theme.

Also, congrats on walking out. As much as your regret is, you stopped before you lost the lot. That is a huge step. It shows you don't need to gamble. Just take that on board.

Stay strong.
-Oregon.
Gamble free since 22.01.18
Oregon

Postby little_fish » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:45 pm

Thanks for the support, Oregon. :)
little_fish

Postby little_fish » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:12 pm

Went to my first GA meeting tonight. I briefly thought about popping into my favourite venue instead, but drove on by. Think I’ll drive a different way from now on. The meeting was exactly what I needed. All tucked up in bed now. I’m going to make it to day 2 after all. :)
little_fish

Postby Oregon » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:31 pm

Congrats little fish!

Try to get to as many meetings as you can especially in the first 100 days. Then find the one you like best and make it a weekly ritual.
I leave my card at home for the meetings, if you want to make a contribution either bring some spare change or set up a direct deposit.

Day 2 today, just think, you didnt gamble yesterday and you wont today. One day at a time.

Stay strong
-Oregon.
Gamble free since 22.01.18
Oregon

Next

Return to The Courtyard