" "

Payday blues...

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Payday blues...

Postby Mona58 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:00 am

Day 53

With all the drama re the missing parcel ... phone calls to try rectify internet / phone issues... and that personal stuff! Not to mention having had to walk pass those D Dens more often than usual .... I'm actually surprised now that I'm only slightly peeved now. Had I still been gambling ,,-different me!

Been doing a bit of reading ... I think preparing for that Christmas lunch on 14th. I'm looking forward to it ... but nervous when I think about it.

Mona ... in thinking mode!
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:59 pm

Lots of thinking today. Good and not so good stuff.

I'd reflected a lot on my past and life experiences. All those things that make ME me. l had for some moments contemplated whether I ought find a counsellor again ... l had gone on and off for 15 years... it had helped and sometimes it didn't but that did not stop me seeking another. I still carry a lesson or two from some of them. l'm feeling ok after all that thinking so I don't think I need to go right now because the way I see it ...l am getting peer support right here and this'll do for the time being!

the Good reflecting was remembering a whole lot of characters, mainly Artists, whom I'd come across during my studies . I'd wondered why these particular Artists and their work had enthralled me .. I'd now think how much a part of me may have been in those works! I think I am going to find a day soon to visit the NGV or the Museum. It is always interesting despite having seen it many times before...

Besides my $6 little wooden Pinocchio l picked up three books for $1. I'd smiled as I read one because its location is familiar and not so far from me. I'd really come to love reading Memoirs,

Mona in day 54 GF' done thinking for the week! *smiles
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Day 56 .

(I just posted 57 ... opps!)

Its been a long day. An easy day. Spend much of it reading on train,

Only time gambling came to mind was reading the SMS support. It actually reminds me I have a gambling addiction.

l am finding that I enjoy reading even more and am able to focus on the book , whereby when gamblingI'd be fidgety and get bored with reading in a short time.

Mona
Mona58

Postby Springhope17 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:03 am

Hey Mona,

Its great when we finally realise that gambling is no longer dominating our lives! With all our thoughts thinking of gambling and then when we quit all our thoughts focused on not gambling!

Its very refreshing when we start focusing on other things in life!

100 days GF today! I made it!
Springhope17

Postby Mona58 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:17 pm

Hey Springhope! Congratulations on reaching 100 days Gamble Free!

Was thinking of you this morning as I tidied up my garden! Wish I could gire you a bunch of flowers! Hope you are treating yourself with something special!

Yes it is great to go about our daily life without the anxiety of gambling thoughts of loses. It is almost non-existence but because of it life seems somewhat more valuable,

l'm filthy from the gardening but happy that I wasn't thinking about anything in particular! Looking forward to a shower now!

Mona in day 57 GF
Mona58

Postby Jeddie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:48 pm

💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐, to Springhope from Mona and Glenda
You have to quit and stay quit (pinched from DFP)
Jeddie

Postby Springhope17 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:43 pm

hahaha thanks for the flowers!!!
Springhope17

Postby Mona58 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:46 am

l had a pokies dream... me, my shopping trolley, $ 20 coins , $20 note. Some guy following me around telling me this one,.. this one... this one..then trying to sell me a card ... All the machines were black and white : All horrible ! I did not gamble and left . Then some one picked me up In a white car and took me to a colourful venue ... It didn't look familiar ...still I didn't gamble. Was walking home and saw a car crash .. then I woke up .

l've got that Christmas function Thursday in D Den 1... maybe its to do with that . . a reassurance that I will be fine. l haven't thought much about it but know its there.

Nice to see lots of posts this morning.

Mona in day 58
Mona58

Postby Springhope17 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:54 am

You can do it on Thurs I know you can!

Actually I found I didn't really gamble when I was around friends or work colleagues! I would go back later after they were gone!

Just enjoy the lunch and the company and if any pokie thoughts come into your head just say - I don't do that anymore!
Springhope17

Postby Jerry (facilitator) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:32 pm

Congratulations Springhope,

100 days is a huge milestone.

May the next 100 be much easier.
Jerry (facilitator)

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard