" "

Payday blues...

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Payday blues...

Postby Mona58 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Ha Ha! Jeddie

Last night I made a no bake lemon cheesecake, in little glass bowls, thought I'd leave the biscuit base off and top it with jelly! Well its got calcium and lemons and I sprinkled grated orange rind on top for added vitamin C.

Today I got busy with washing, a bit of garden and working under the carport. I plan to close of a section where I could paint, mosaic or simply relax in the warmer weather. Thought a lot about the things I want and need to get tomorrow. Friend is coming to take me shopping SO I feel quite safe!

I have been lookIng at no bake recipes I could make to use up the bag of lemons l had been given. Zested and juiced a few and have an ice cube tray in freezer but still got heaps more lemons ... Any ideas ? I have been collecting a few nice used Christmas tins and plan on making sweet goodies this year as gifts.

Today has been good.

Mona in day 30
Mona58

Postby Jeddie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi Mona, I am pretty much a takeaway pro. When I got given a bag of lemons I gave them to my hot chip shop..lol

Well done on all that you are doing. We are the same age so I understand how hard it is to fill the time. I am lucky
because I have a car so today I took myself to a colouring in group. Only 2 others there but I did enjoy the chat with them. I will go next week.

My pay day is Wednesday and I still have money in my purse and savings. Very proud of myself. I have now told my big brother and he is going to check my bank accounts once a month. He says we will have a financial meeting with coffee. Lol

About 44 days gf
You have to hate losing more than you like winning
Jeddie

Postby Mona58 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:02 pm

don't forget cake Jeddies!
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:26 pm

I am usually in bed by now on any other day. ...

When I was gambling I would be awake till the pay gets in my account about 12.10 am. When I had my car I would go get petrol, cash out and go to the pokies till l either ran out of money or the venue closed. Rarely did I withdraw at the venue because I would transfer most into another account and leave that card home. But there had been times when in the event I ran out of money quickly I would drive home' grab the other card and go to the other Venue! How pathetic is this!

I have not had a car for a over year now . Without the car I would do my banking pay what needs paying then go to bed. I would wake and wait anxiously for the venue to open... often skipping breakfast if I woke late. I'd go get cash out at the ATM, go to the pokies and depending on time or cash I might do a bit of shopping and grab a snack . then go back to the pokies. The past year or so I'd played one line just so I'm there longer. ... sometimes I'm there all day if I didn't have anywhere else l had to be.

Now l am nervous about tomorrow ... I mean today! l will not do my banking now but wait till sunrise ! Change the habit...

I'm glad I have friend coming to take me shopping ...

Mona in the first hour of day 31 ...
Mona58

Postby Jeddie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:38 am

Good luck for today Mona
Jeddie

Postby Mona58 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:19 am

I've sat here a good half hour holding my tablet... staring at it ... staring at the daylight coming through the open drapes ... You read about these feelings happening but when they hit you ... it is impossible to put into words ... it is not nice ... it is confusing.

I'm afraid to go to the computer to do my banking ... I need to make amother change and all I can think of is swapping the cards. I don't really like the new card .-the touch and go .-but it is easier to use.. yes, so try put as little as I need in it and use this as spend ing and the other as saving . Oh Mona! no-one wants to know the finest details of your daily life! Time is ticking! Go have your shower ... dress nicely and do what you must do ... the most important is NO pokies!

Mona in the 9th hour of day 31...

(Thanks Jeddie ! )
Mona58

Postby Jeddie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:22 am

Dear Mona, the finest details are what gets us through. Follow your own advice and post away. You are doing a great job. I think everbody’s finest details are very similar so we are not surprised or bored with what you write.

The pokies are SOUL DESTROYING. Never forget that. Everyone needs a happy soul so don’t give it to gambling.
Jeddie

Postby Mona58 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:07 pm

Thank you for being here Jeddie!

After my shower ... longest In a while to be honest! I was tempted to turn the hot water off!
It took me forever to turn the computer on.. l kept pacing up and down pass it muttering silly nothings to myself! Then I get a txt from friend saying he was on his way. So quickly turned computer on .. transfered out as much as I could ... leaving only enough I thought would do. Get to the shopping centre withdraw it all' Brought the largest box of nicotine gums ... went to the tobacconist brought what hope is my LAST pkt of cigarettes! And I told her merry Christmas and she may never see me again showing her thg box of Nicorette! Then went to Aldi's got all I needed plus some "sports socks' ... paid for the groceries got some change .. folded it in half and put it in my purse!

Oh deary me!

Mona in the 16th hour of day 31 GF... relieved !*!?*!!
Mona58

Postby DFP » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:37 pm

Hi Mona. Keep posting!
The detail is fascinating - gives an insight into the reality of the challenges and the thought processes that have to be overcome. Daily.
I am staying in a hotel tonight (away with work). I was thirsty when I first came to the room, so I took a drink from the mini bar. I would never have done that when gambling - mini bar is an expensive rip off etc. So I would not spend a few extra $ on what I want but would put hundreds into the pokies later that same evening.
Same kind of thinking with avoiding ATM fees at venues. How twisted and mad - save $2 and then waste hundreds!!!
So keep posting and sharing your thoughts.
DFP

Postby Mona58 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:54 am

Good morning day 32.

got a slight stress headache but am happy enough that yesterday is done. Don't know yet what I'm doing today as its gonna be a very warm day .

Stay strong and proud guys and gals!

Mona
Mona58

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard