" "

I'm Back!!!!

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

I'm Back!!!!

Postby Suzy2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:35 pm

Hi Everyone!
Sooner or later I knew I wld return to this forum!!
I've been having a destructive party since I last posted on here!!
It's wonderful seeing many of you still doing well - Sandra, Pamela, Lee, Jinxy!
I've just come in after blowing $500!!! Same old same old!! I knew Ihad to hit rock bottom again before I returned!
I've decided to hand my cards back to my daughter and live on gift cards which I have done before! I feel kind of numb but know if I continue on this road my old age will be very miserable!!!! I had such good success when I signed up here!! I didn't even lapse over the 3 months I managed to stay gamble free!! It was great! Empowering and gave me hope!!
Please help me to start again! I know I am the only one that can change this! I've done it before so I shld be able to do it again. I had a target last time with my sister coming to stay. My new target is to get to Christmas!
Great to be back!!

Suzy2
Suzy2

Re: I'm Back!!!!

Postby Springhope17 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Welcome back Suzy2,

Its great that you have reached back out for help in this forum and know that you are not alone. We are all battling to overcome this horrible addiction!
I know many times over the past few years I have thought I am done with gambling and then when I feel safe just one little $50 into the pokies and I am hooked again! Trapped in what feels the never ending cycle chasing my losses!
Today I am 42 days GF. I too want to make 100 days and then to Christmas and then forever! I cant let this addiction control my life anymore! I want to be free and live a normal life!
I hope we both can make it to Christmas GF!
All the best!
Springhope17

Re: I'm Back!!!!

Postby Suzy2 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:36 pm

Hi Springhope and Congratulations!! You are doing well!!
When I made it to 3 months back in June I really thought I had this ghastly addiction beaten!! How nieve!
3 months away from the demons brought many rewards! I long to experience that freedom again! Gambling is exhausting to say the least!! I lost my home to these monsters!One would think I should have learnt my lesson but I know most people on here know it is not that simple!!
Thank you for your encouragement!
We are both going to make it to Christmas!! We can do it!!

Suzy2
Suzy2

Return to The Courtyard