" "

Day 7

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: Day 7

Postby Jo-Anne » Sat May 12, 2018 3:00 pm

From Life's Little Instruction Book!

Don't be afraid to say "I don't know"
Don't be afraid to say "I made a mistake"
Don't be afraid to say "I need help"
Don't be afraid to say "I'm sorry"
Never underestimate the power of words to heal and reconcile relationships

I would add "and deeds" to the last quote for sure......I have done this with many family members in recent months and the relationships have improved well beyond expectations
Jo-Anne

Postby How the F did I get here » Sat May 12, 2018 9:11 pm

That is terrific Jo!!!!!!
Being able to get all of your granddaughters clothing items all at once!
What great timing, gosh what a proud moment that would have been for you.
You can't get any better in life than that.
X
How the F did I get here

Postby Cazza » Sun May 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Hi Jo , sounded like a lovely night with your son.
Moments like those are to be treasured and am sure he is very proud of how well you are doing.
Hope you have a lovely week. 😊
Cazza

Postby Jo-Anne » Mon May 14, 2018 8:42 am

Thanks very much Cazza and Tara! I'm so happy to see you both doing so well :)

So I have had a lovely Mothers Day weekend ...Friday night spent with my son as I have already posted about :) Dinner Saturday night with my daughter and two grandchildren, We so enjoyed going out together in the evening....Yesterday gardening and trip to Bunnings which they have very kindly opened down the road a bit just for me. :) Bought myself a little pressie from there!!

A huge difference to many previous years that were spent depressed and alone!! Life does get better when we seek help and work hard to understand the underlying reasons we gamble and work on helping ourselves. It is always one day at a time and as the days add up, I am constantly surprised what can be achieved! Even very damaged relationships can be healed and trust restored over time!

Onward and upward Day 165......17 days to six months!
Jo-Anne

Postby pamela » Mon May 14, 2018 10:10 am

You are doing a great job of rebuilding your life Jo-Anne,it is really heartening to read..
pamela

Postby Jo-Anne » Mon May 14, 2018 6:46 pm

Thanks so much Pamela. Truly your kindness and those words mean a lot to me. I am aspiring to get to where you are now and well beyond...one day at a time....Say no to gambling right!!
Jo-Anne

Postby pamela » Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 pm

You are welcome..just keep saying no to gambling today..it does get easier to the point you dont think of them..stay strong and happy
pamela

Postby Jo-Anne » Sat May 19, 2018 9:51 am

Loving coming here and reading how WELL 😊😊😊😊 everyone is doing!!! Well done!! Even though we are all still dealing with the aftermath of our gambling, we are not giving in to the urge to block it all out through relapse.....so happy for everyone!!

Have a fantastic weekend!!

Day 170......12 days to 6 months 😊😊
Jo-Anne

Postby pamela » Sat May 19, 2018 10:29 pm

Nearly there..not long only a few days..a great effort
pamela

Postby Jo-Anne » Thu May 24, 2018 9:34 am

Day 175......7 days to six months......I have got this

Am so busy through the week as work have just put me on full time.....I just have to watch the stress levels! I get home from work, cook dinner and crash on the couch until I fall asleep!! Too tired for urges. Weekends are full too, gardening, housework, visiting, having grandkids over, helping my dad relocate back to the city.

This week I actually got my poor car serviced, and fortunately the mechanic said there was nothing wrong with it!! Also I bought my grandchildren a bed each. Second hand but very good quality. I still have $325 in the bank with rent and bills paid......great feeling!

I am feeling very strong in my resolve to beat this thing this time around.

Have a good day everyone......

Jo😊
Jo-Anne

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge