" "

Sick of feeling sick

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Sick of feeling sick

Postby ABeatenMan » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:14 pm

I have a long and sorry story , as I'm sure most of the people on here do. I have been gambling for 32 years on pokies. I feel I have no control and Neve will. The only way I ever not gamble is to leave my money and at card at home, or I know I will blow the lot.

I so much want to be rid of this disease it makes me feel so sick to the stomach.

I know I can't change the past, but I hope I can change the future.

This is day 3 for me

Andy
ABeatenMan

Re: Sick of feeling sick

Postby sherpa09 (facilitator) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi ABeatenMan,

This is Sherpa09 (one of the facilitators here) and would like to welcome you to the forum. It sounds as though you have high hopes for the future and by joining this forum is a great start in doing so. If you ever feel the need, feel free to get in contact with us about resources and supports to assist you in your situation. I look forward to your future posts in this forum :)

Sherpa09.
sherpa09 (facilitator)

Re: Sick of feeling sick

Postby Cazza » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum.
Yep we all have the same sort of stories. In a way it's good as you feel like your no longer alone.

There are lots of different ideas that people have put in place to stop their gambling. You need to find one that works best for you.
I gave up complete financial control as i knew I didn't have the strength at the start of my journey not to gamble.

Wishing you much strength on the start of your GF life 😊
Cazza

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge