" "

Day one...once again

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: Day one...once again

Postby Cazza » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi, hey well done on stopping and walking away.

We are all here to support each other and the best thing you have done is to come on to post
We have all wandered off the path but as long as we keep trying to give up we can one day get there. Stay on the forum and read and i hope it gives you strength.
Cazza

Postby Needhelp589 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:56 pm

I've stopped for the night, I don't feel like doing it anymore tonight which is what I was looking for, usually I'dkeep going till I have nothing in the bank but im happy tonight I was able to stop at the 50.
Needhelp589

Postby Mona58 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:08 pm

Well done Needhelp! You are slowly building the power within you to know it is time to stop! Keep fighting! Keep saying no to gambling.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Needhelp589 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:18 pm

Tommorow will be hard, but i'm going to try and not bet at all.
Needhelp589

Postby flipper (facilitator) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:26 am

Well done Needhelp589 :) The urge to gamble does pass, it's just really uncomfortable at the time (almost like an itch!). It sounds like reading and posting on the forums was a good distraction technique for you, which is great! I encourage you to do the same again today.
flipper (facilitator)

Postby Needhelp589 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:58 pm

Today didn't go how I wanted it to, but I wont let it drag me down. Tonight i'm going thru all my online betting accounts and putting them on self exclusion. That's my main reason I bet, its too easy, but if I cant have that acesss then I wont bet. Ill actually have to leave and go to the pub and do it/ It's too easy using places like sportsbet, crownbet etc. So as of writing this I have self exclusions on them :) A good step, I should of done earlier.
Needhelp589

Postby flipper (facilitator) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:41 am

Hi again Needhelp589, how did you go with self-excluding from your online betting accounts?

Another method, in case you weren't aware of the option, is to download an app called Gamblock. This app picks up on and blocks gambling sites and software on selected devices, so it really just removes that temptation and ease altogether. It's worth noting there is a fee involved for a year's subscription, but in most cases you are still saving in the long term.

Keep working towards your goals everyone,

Flipper
flipper (facilitator)

Postby How the F did I get here » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:48 pm

Need Help,

How are you going?
Certainly a good idea to exclude yourself from all your online betting sites.
Theres a lot of things we all should have done sooner but the good thing is you are doing it now.
Keep pushing, stay positive and believe in yourself and don't stop trying to give up even if you fall off the tack. ☺
How the F did I get here

Previous

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge