" "

My Last Day One

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: My Last Day One

Postby Jc » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:12 pm

I did something stupid today and decided to go on a betting website to look at odds. Its been about two months since I have been there. I made a few draft bets but ultimately did not place a bet.

Worst part about it is I wouldve won about 3K. It doesnt matter though, no matter how much Ive won Ive always given it back. Its never enough. I try not to dwell on this too much.

Also feeling a bit more positive at the moment. Over the last 5 years I was so negative, even towards my friends. I would secretly take pleasure in my own friends’ misfortunes. And secretely hate them for any of their joys (new jobs etc). Its a sickening thing...I hated myself and my life. And it always gave me a perverse satisfaction when my friends came to me with problems of their own. Sigh...

Onto day 64 today.

Have a great week folks.
Jc

Postby JinxyWolf » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:37 pm

Hey JC,

So happy to hear that you found the strength not to place those bets, congrats. You should give yourself a big pat on the back for that. :cool: :cool:

You may have "won" $3k if you'd placed those bets but it would have cost you a lot more.

Stay strong and keep fighting.

Be Well

JInxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby Calvin (facilitator) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:06 pm

Hey JC,

Really impressed that you are now on day 64!
Great to hear that you didn't give in to placing a bet.
It's important to occupy your time with things you enjoy doing to help manage urges/triggers.

Keep up the great work.

Regards,
Calvin
Calvin (facilitator)

Postby Jc » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:01 am

Day 70
Jc

Postby Cazza » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:49 am

Well done jc
Cazza

Postby Jc » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:38 pm

So on Friday night, I took one big step forward. I confided with a close friend about my problem gambling. Felt good to get most of it off my chest (I just couldnt tell him everything).
Jc

Postby JinxyWolf » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:19 pm

Hey JC,

Glad to hear things are going well. 70 Days that's awesome.

Sounds like you are moving forward, telling a friend is a big step and took a lot of courage. You should give yourself a pat on the back. It sounds like you did hold something back but that's ok. Given more time you may feel comfortable enough to share more.

Keep up the good work and keep fighting for what you want and deserve, Freedom.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby Cazza » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:04 am

Well done jc. I imagine it would have been hard to do but am wondering do you feel a bit lighter.
I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders for sure
Cazza

Postby Jc » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:16 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Day 77 today. Feeling so good. More money to enjoy life and not worry about going out and actually having a good time.

Happy saturday (night)
Jc

Postby Jc » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:20 pm

I should also point out about how little I really cared about sports. Now that I’m not betting, I find myself barely keeping up to date anymore.

This World Cup, I’ve only watched a handful of games. Barely kept up to date with the NRL. Not even looked at AFL over the last few months.
Jc

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge