" "

Here goes!

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: Here goes!

Postby How the F did I get here » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:00 pm

Thats great Mona that you are giving up smokes too. I felt awesome no smoking, Im so cranky at myself, but setting clock again at day one for smokes tomorrow. Finished the whole pack, just like when I gamble I gamble hard, when I binge eat I binge eat hard, when I smoke I smoke hard (chain).

Last 2 days Ive had macdonalds twice, hungry jacks, donuts, chips, popcorn, family size pack fantails, 3 ice creams, 4 chocholate bars , 3 can coke this is just what I can remember and this is on top of breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Ive in the past stopped at 3 different macdonalds on a 1 hour 15 min car trip.
My issues with food are also very negative on my life like the gambling and need to get under control also.
How the F did I get here

Postby Cazza » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:43 am

Hey Tara, sorry that you have been having such crappy moments. It must be hard when family dramas comes into it.
They seem to know exactly what buttons to push that's for sure.
Don't beat yourself up about the smoking i relapsed when I tried repeatedly to give up to, but it's like us gamblers like to say never give up on giving up. You can do this Tara 😊

I saw in one of your post that your worried about what happens when 100 days GF are up. I have thought about it too and whether my brain is going to go oooh lets hit the pub to celebrate. I think this be a good time to reset the clock start the 100 again. Plus it will remind me that I never want to go back to day one again.

Keep going Tara, your gambling family here will always have your back. Plus we will never push your butttons as that is the reason why most of us are here ( wink , wink ) 😊
Cazza

Postby How the F did I get here » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:56 am

Just ***** everything.
How the F did I get here

Postby Cazza » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:18 am

Hi Tara,
If you have had a lapse don't go and chase your losses today. If you have had a win don't go chasing more.
Stop and just breathe, we are all with faults but you are strong. You managed to give up TWO vices at the same time, you haven't failed you have LAPSED.
You have come back to the forum, where how many have you read and they just dissappear.

Don't dissappear Tara, we are all here for you and show yourself the same sympathy that i know you would show others on here who have lapsed.

Much strength to you Tara, get back on that horse. Girl you can do it!! 😊
Cazza

Postby How the F did I get here » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:52 am

Cazza,
Why did I do it!!! I broke on the smokes, bingeing like crazy and then 71 days I ruin everything.
This past 2 years I've ruined everything.
4.5 years I went gf. I just seriously dont know how I got here.
How could I do this to my child. I just dont know how to be happy. Im an absolute mess and a failure.
How the F did I get here

Postby dragon007 (facilitator) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:57 am

Hi Tara

I'm dragon007 one of the facilitators here, sorry to see you are struggling at the moment. Lapses are a part of the process of recovering, try not to beat yourself up as it leads to more negative thoughts. Please considering calling Gambling Helpline on 1800 858 858, it is a 24/7 confidential telephone counselling service.
dragon007 (facilitator)

Postby Cazza » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:09 pm

I don't know Tara. I don't know why we do this to ourselves or our family. I went out today for the 1st Sunday on my own in 12 weeks.
When I went to kiss my kids good bye i got a look of absolute panic in their eyes and "where are you going Mummy "

I have done this to my kids. They don't worry any other time but the weekend and even after 12 weeks they still fear this.
So you are not on your own with thinking you have damaged your daughter Tara. We are NOT bad parents though. We are people with issues and we are fighting to fix them. We get knocked down, but we get back up. We keep fighting.
Start your day 1 again, yes it's crap starting again, but you can do it.
Have you got a counselor? You really need someone who you can talk to face to face about your problems. Am always here if you need to vent but am worried as we are not qualified in dealing with this that am doing more harm than good.
Please get as much help as you need Tara, but don't give up on YOU xxx
Cazza

Postby Jc » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:01 pm

Hi,

Don’t be too distressed. Lapses are normal and part of the recovery. Use each lapse as a stepping stone. It doesnt make you a bad person or a bad mother. Dont let these things define who you are.

Have you gone to a meeting? Or called the helpline? Implement a few strategies.

Im sorry this has happened. Its a terrible feeling. But dont give up, giving up just isnt worth it. Keep fighting. These things are all in our minds.
Jc

Previous

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge