" "

Here goes!

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Here goes!

Postby How the F did I get here » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Day one! New life.
Last edited by How the F did I get here on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How the F did I get here

Re: Here goes!

Postby Pea pod » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Well done for coming on here. Like all of us the battle to stop gambling is a just part of the jigsaw of problems we might have. Something I have learnt along the way on my journey is that I cover up anxiety , depression, worry, low self esteem all with addictive behaviour. Gambling at the pokies for me is an escape from all my thoughts that race around my mind telling me negative things. Gambling, cigs, grog, food all cover up the pain we don't want to face and feel. You have made a great start coming on here but try to be gentle on yourself and if you can't give up everything at once that's ok just remember one day at a time. All the best Peapod.
Pea pod

Postby Cazza » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:42 pm

How are you feeling today?
Just wondering if you have tried hypnotherapy for your smoking or weight loss.
I have a bad habit of not eating when i go to the pokies and then i used to come home and just gorge after a session too. So am hoping if i can quit my gambling it may also help with the over eating and maybe lose some of the weight too. Good luck :)
Cazza

Postby How the F did I get here » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:13 pm

Hi pea pod,
Thanks for your words. Feeling very, very positive.
Last edited by How the F did I get here on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How the F did I get here

Postby How the F did I get here » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Hi cazza,

Nope. Already broke on the food and cigs. Trying again tomorrow, but will try not to break on the gambling.

Yeah food is also a killer for me.
Just feel so pathetic that I have no self control in so many things, just feel like Im constantly at war witb myself.
How the F did I get here

Postby Cazza » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:01 pm

Yeah i think sometimes we are our own worst enemies. I am currently eating my way through the kids easter eggs lol. The upside is i haven't gambled for 7 days. There is no way i could give up so many things at once though. I think i cried everyday for 3 months when i gave up smoking . I have a feeling that I will be shedding many tears in the months to come.
How are you feeling coming into the weekend , this was your hard time after work wasn't it?
Cazza

Postby How the F did I get here » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Cazza,
Trainwreck this weekend! I just can't even deal with the shame of what I have done to my daughter our future and what I have become!! My daughter is the most beautiful little thing! I just feel so guilty that she has me as a mum!
Just such a struggle dealing with that!
Just not coping with life very well atm.
How the F did I get here

Postby Cazza » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:18 pm

Hey i know what your feeling. I look at my kids sometimes and think i am wreaking your lives. I know that my mood swings are like and how i feel i have so little time with them and yet when i do get the time i run off to play the pokies. Mine are too young to explain what mum is trying to do. All we can do is try to be the best that we can be. And just keep trying, even if you fall, get back on your feet and try again.
Hard work but we can do it just don't quit trying to quit 😊
Cazza

Postby How the F did I get here » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:25 pm

Wow!!! Absolute rock bottom! And absolute shame! I can't even explain, I am at a loss for words at the events that have transpired this past week!!! Nothing illegal, but totally gobsmacking!! But I guess this is exactly what had to happen for me to change! My life just spiralled out of control this past 2 years.
I have made the move and attended a meeting on monday night, but gambled all week after, so after the events of yesterday I got myself to a meeting again!!!
Heres to day one again!!!!!!
How the F did I get here

Postby Cazza » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:39 am

Good luck and well done on day 1. We have all done this to ourselves. Resolved to never go back and yet as soon as payday comes off we go.
I look at it in a positive way though in the fact we recognize we have a problem and we are trying to fix it. Every time we become a little stronger and a little more determined. Keep going keep quitting, we will do this
Cazza

Next

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge