" "

Day 2

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: Day 2

Postby Cazza » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:46 am

Bet regret doesn't really cover it. Such little words for a big problem.

One unexpected large bill can take your breath away and leave you scrambling for quick solutions and we all know where that can lead.

When you are finally starting to catch glimpses of a new life, here comes another road block

This is my reality at the moment, more so because it's making me look back at what I have spent. I know it can't be changed and it makes it so easy to start gambling again. This is the mindset that needs to be overcome.

Do i have waves washing over me to go and actually gamble to make this money.

No i don't, because i have realized that I am now standing on the shore, and i am starting to love the feeling of the sand between my toes rather being alone in the water.
Tomorrow is 10 weeks GF and I am finding me again 😊
Cazza

Postby Mona58 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:47 am

Hi Cazza

Congratulations on 10 weeks!

stay Strong!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:16 pm

Holy cow just watched the movie Going for broke.

Rembered that ringing in the ears even when you weren't even in front a machine . Don't miss that.

Had a crappy day today, you know the one's where it feels like the whole world is against you.
Good thing about it was that it wasn't gambler's remorse and guilt the reason.

It was that i literally just had a crappy day . So i went and sulked up the other end of the house for an hour until I felt better.
71 days GF 😊
Cazza

Postby How the F did I get here » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:02 pm

72 today! Doing great Cazza! Keep it up.
X
How the F did I get here

Postby Jc » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:28 pm

Keep up the great work! No matter how bad you feel now you’ll feel 100x worse if you bet. That’s what’s keeping me going.
Jc

Postby JinxyWolf » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:40 pm

Hey Cazza,

Ur right some days are just crappy. But like any day, they pass and tomorrow will be brighter when you don't gamble.

I used to think that you had to be happy all the time, and if you weren't happy then there was something wrong with you, but then I learnt that it's ok if your not happy all the time. Life is hard and no one is happy all the time. We have good days and we have days when all we want to do is punch some stupid person in the face (I'm in retail, so these days can be quite often :p :p :p ) but by not succumbing to our addiction we can make even the bad days just that little bit better.

Keep up the good work and congrats on 72 days that's an awesome effort.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby Cazza » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Thanks Tara and jc still going strong.

Oh that made me laugh jinxywolf. I have had many days of wishing to punch someone hard at work. I once got a good review off my boss because I didn't swear at a customer lime usual lol.

So i am feeling back to my more happy self today

I think it's a guilt thing in my head . My brain is rewiring itself and i think that I shouldn't be having mood swings with sad/happy as i associate that with gambling loss/win.

Slowly became gambling addicted, slowly becoming reformed gambler. One day at a time
73 days GF 😊
Cazza

Postby Cazza » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:58 am

I remember a couple of years ago, I had just spent the last of my wage. My credit card was at its $5,000 limit from previous cash redraws and i sat in a pub car park and i wasn't ready to stop gambling and go home, I was feeling lucky.

So i sat and had an inner debate with myself about using the redraw on our mortgage, and I chose yes i would do it.
This began a 2 year spiral of seemingly endless credit for me.

Finally took one night of me just feeding the machines, and i felt like i could feel myself just shaking off this shadow.
I got up and went home and told my husband everything and to me that was the beginning of the end.
75 days GF 😊
Cazza

Postby chilaxis » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:24 am

Congrats Cazza, you've made a life-changing decision 75 days ago. Three quarters way to 100 - woohoo!!
chilaxis

Postby Cazza » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:58 am

11 whole weeks woohoo 😊
Cazza

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge