" "

Day 2

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: Day 2

Postby Cazza » Tue May 29, 2018 2:47 pm

"We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated. "

Stay strong everyone and enjoy being GF.

Day 53 GF 😊
Cazza

Postby Mona58 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:27 pm

Congrats on 53 days Cazza! You are travellin' amazingly well .
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Wed May 30, 2018 10:54 am

So another rdo from work today, still with no keycard of course.

Have spent a very happy morning having a coffee, browsing through a craft shop were i got a bargain on card stock marked down from $15 to $2 .( now that is a win lol ) and getting my kids a top each and some bread rolls to take to my mums for lunch.

In one and a half hours i have spent $21, imagine it would have been around $300 if i had still been gambling at the pokies and i wouldn't be in the same great mood that i am in now.

Enjoy being GF everyone.

54 days GF 😊 and loving it
Cazza

Postby Cazza » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:20 pm

"We must all suffer one of two things. The pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment "

8 weeks GF. Have a lovely GF weekend everyone 😊
Cazza

Postby Cazza » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:40 am

So am at 58 days GF and am feeling fantastic. First weekend that i have been able to read the forum without getting any urges to gamble.

I am slightly worried that it is like a fake confidence though, and then out of the blue i will find myself sitting in front of a machine.

Even though I actually have no urges and although I have no keycard i am aware of cardless withdrawal and I have nearly $1,000 on my credit card which I can redraw from if i want as i have been chipping away at it since i have stopped gambling.

I have had a couple of opportunities to be able to do this but i haven't. My husband has told me very matter of factually that he checks the mortgage balance weekly to make sure I have not redrawn on it. Yet i am not annoyed with this as i redrew maybe around $30,000 in 2 years so it's understandable.

When I was gambling i used to get so angry at him asking me about money, but i know now that it was just guilt and i am loving the freedom of talking openly about it.

Sorry for the rambling, but what I am trying to find out is whether i am leading myself into a false sense of security by how well i am feeling about being gamble free and when the next urge does roll around whether that wave of it will actually knock me off my feet?
Cazza

Postby Mona58 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:28 am

Hi Cazza

Well done on 58 days!

I've had those feelings myself. I think its just part of the NEW LIFE of being gamble free that we are not familiar with.

You are wise to keep your guard up. I had gone to 71 days, I can't forget this!' and was hit by an enormous wave! Really scared me that one! So I am still wary of them and take care that I don't get to the point where I might get tempted.

Enjoy the moments and be proud of your achievements

Mona
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:40 am

Day 63 GF 😊
Cazza

Postby Cazza » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:58 pm

So have had a lazy pj day today. Reading lots of different posts and stories.

One stuck out for me in tbe fact of the man describing a lapse that he had. How that he was spending hundreds and not even a feature and that a woman next to him won a couple of thousand. He then kept feeding his machine trying to get the same results for his and lost so much.

I remember this. I remember his anguish as it used to be my own. I remember saying under my breathe "please please please give me something " as my money started running low.
I remember the excitement of getting another $200 out of the atm because this time i was going to win. I remember the angony when it was gone again in a flash.
I remember saying to myself i want to stop feeling like this every week, i want to stop, i need to stop.

But mostly today i felt sick when I read this because it just reaffirms to me that I never want to go back to ever feeling like this again, and I never want to start day 1 again. This is what I will think about when I get an urge again.
64 days GF 😊
Cazza

Postby Cazza » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:52 am

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now"

Quite like this. 66 days GF 😊
Cazza

Postby pamela » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:24 am

Well done Cazza..you are doing really well
pamela

PreviousNext