" "

Day 2

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: Day 2

Postby Cazza » Thu May 24, 2018 10:17 am

So been an up and down week. Had little sleep on Saturday night and so was really grumpy on Sunday.
I just wanted to escape from the family and i knew where I would head. Told my hubby i was having massive urges that morning and so I would be grumpy while I rode it out. Read most of the day and ate too much chocolate, starting to put on weight since being GF but oh well.

Tuesday dreamt about beings at the pokies and woke feeling sick. I am not going back to wasting my life on those things

Can't believe that my emotions are still in such turmoil, it's driving me nuts. I am going to beat this addiction.

48 days GF nearly at the half way mark 😊
Cazza

Postby Mona58 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:13 am

Well done on 48 days Cazza!

Yeah the emotions are crazy,., Wonderful you rode through it!

A good book & chocolate .. great! I'd gotten that sugar craving too in earlier days it does ease abit after awhile ...I'Ve become more physical too. And now that I've always money In my purse I find it hard to pass a cake shop without grabbing something... my fav... Choc eclairs! I dare not buy more than one a week! I reassure myself that I will have walked it off by time I get home!

Well done again Cazza !! 48 days GF is a wonderful achievement!

Mona
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby How the F did I get here » Thu May 24, 2018 8:47 pm

Going well Cazza!
Keep it up!

Spring hope,
I use 2, quitzilla like cazza and I also use sober time.
Both really good but sober time is a bit prettier lol has the inspirational quotes also but has a few backgrounds to choose from.
How the F did I get here

Postby Jo-Anne » Fri May 25, 2018 10:15 am

Hi Cazza.......well done, I remember when you first posted and you have achieved so much. over the past 7 weeks........It is fantastic that you could tell your husband about the urges, as that is something I could never do.......because I had it so under control!!! It is funny now, I haven't got a problem discussing how I am going with family and friends as I have nothing to hide, and do not ever want to go back to those days. Your husband would be so proud of your efforts, and you should be as well! Urges are normal, and can be overcome!! Have a great weekend.......Jo
Jo-Anne

Postby Springhope17 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:44 pm

Thanks for the App suggestions! I have downloaded them!
Springhope17

Postby Cazza » Fri May 25, 2018 11:01 pm

Thanks ladies it is great having your support.

Ooohh I used to make eclairs Mona haven't for years, yummy 😊

It is weird, as i was coming home from work tonight i was thinking about how sometimes I would drop into the pokies after work and then do a 10 minute dash around the shops after and then say i had been there for a couple of hours. All just to justify my "lost time "

Tonight i got home and my daughters and i went for a walk up to the shops to get milk and they got a drink each. I could have had another of these missed moments if i was still gambling. Not alot when you think about it, but alot of littles add up to alot more lost.

I stopped smoking 14 years ago and i remember that the 1st 3 months were the hardest and then I had no desire to ever be a smoker again. I hope that my gambling addiction will be the same.

Happy GF weekend everyone. 49 days GF 😊
Cazza

Postby Mona58 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:03 am

Well done Cazza!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Sun May 27, 2018 5:26 pm

Had a lovely weekend with the family and feeling really proud of myself. No urges at all this weekend and feeling calm. Half way through the challenge 51 days GF 😊
Cazza

Postby Jo-Anne » Mon May 28, 2018 9:43 am

So happy for you Cazza.............Congratulations.......You have done it hard, but have fought hard.....Keep it up, stay strong.....and keep moving forward. I know you can do it!!! So proud of you! Jo :) :)
Jo-Anne

Postby Pea pod » Mon May 28, 2018 12:14 pm

Well done Cazza you are doing so well and give us all the strength that we can overcome those terrible urges. I am 29 days and feeling great.
Pea pod

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge