" "

Day 2

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Day 2

Postby Cazza » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi, i have started a post in the diary section but as i want to do the 100 day Challenge i will post here too.
I first started gambling on the pokies about 20 years ago. About a year into playing i met my now husband. I told him within a couple of weeks that i had a gambling issue and was trying to stop. It took about a year but finally stopped.
Over the next few years i went maybe once a year but had no urge to keep going.
We were struggling to have a family for over 5 years and finally we were pregnant. Sadly we lost our son as he was born prematurely. We went on to have two more children after that.
Throughout all these years i have randomly gone back and forth to the pokies and it slowly got more and more.
The last 2 years i have become completely hooked to the point i have redrawn on our mortgage many weeks in a row and setting us back years. I finally broke and confessed everything to my husband about the redraw 2 days ago and now he has taken my cards and will give me an allowance weekly.
This is day 2 GF and quite frankly I feel like crap lol. Hopefully one day i will feel like I can be me again
Cazza

Re: Day 2

Postby Mona58 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:18 pm

You will be you again, Stay strong!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Jo-Anne » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 pm

Hi Cazza.......well done......coming clean with your loved ones is the most important step. You are not a bad person, the addiction removes all sense from our thinking, and we do things that horrify us when we come down......and hit rock bottom.......the only way now is up. So good that you have handed over your cards. When I have more money saved, I will sort out something with my Aunty so I can't access all of it......stay strong Cazza......One day at a time then one day more......☺☺☺
Jo-Anne

Postby Cazza » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:13 pm

Thanks Jo-Anne
Have had a good day . Monday to Thursday normally is not a trigger time for me so have barely thought about gambling all day.
GF 3 days :)
Cazza

Postby Cazza » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Got my prepaid store card and my $20 pocket money today and fuel going in the car tomorrow after work. Felt a bit like a naughty kid i have to admit. But at this stage not feeling to stressed out about it not being able to access my $$ on my own. Day 4 GF
Cazza

Postby Mona58 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:40 pm

Well done! Keep that positive attitude going.
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Thanks Mona
I have loved reading through your forum. Love how your positivty leaps off the page. You must feel so fantastic by how far you have come :)
Cazza

Postby Mona58 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:44 pm

Thanks Cazza,

When I found the forum I was really positive that l would make it this time after years of trying to quit on my own. So many inspirational stories gave me the strength to fight through it.
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Been a bit jittery today. Wages have gone into my account but i can't access them. Thank goodness , urges were easing back towards the end of the day. Day 6 GF
Cazza

Postby Cazza » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:14 pm

Well about to head off to bed so can safely say that is one week done and dusted. Truthfully feel terrible, mentally drained. Hopefully this will start to change eventually
Cazza

Next

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge