" "

Feel like I'm running out of chances

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: Feel like I'm running out of chances

Postby How the F did I get here » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:09 pm

Well done Pea Pod!
Sounds like life is going good for you.
Yes every gamble free day is a pain free day like you say.
Keep it up ☺
How the F did I get here

Postby Pea pod » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:01 pm

39 days without playing the pokies. No wasted $$ no wasted time. They enter my mind but then I realise it's just a thought an t soon passes. Another weekend about to begin with out the guilt and shame I always have and always will feel after gambling.
Pea pod

Postby Cazza » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:36 pm

Well done peapod. 39 days is fantastic. I too am not missing the guilt from a session at the pokies or the shame of knowing that I have redrawn on the mortgage again.

Enjoy the feeling of being able to breathe again 😊
Cazza

Postby Springhope17 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:33 am

You are doing great Peapod!
Springhope17

Postby pamela » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:26 am

Great work Peapod..keep walking in the right direction and don't look back
pamela

Postby Calvin (facilitator) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:21 pm

Pea pod wrote:39 days without playing the pokies. No wasted $$ no wasted time. They enter my mind but then I realise it's just a thought an t soon passes. Another weekend about to begin with out the guilt and shame I always have and always will feel after gambling.

Hi Pea Pod,

I'm Calvin, one of the Gambling Help Online facilitators.
39 days is a fantastic effort. Its great to hear that you are aware of the feelings that gambling causes such as guild and shame.
Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Calvin.
Calvin (facilitator)

Postby Pea pod » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:43 pm

Wow I had gone 7 weeks with out gambling but it has snuck back in. I've had a destructive relapse and drained my savings. After a good run of not gambling my mood swings were out of control and I know that. I was not happy and didn't know how to fix it. I ended up back in the door of a venue and gambled everything I had worked so hard at keeping. I'm not going to dwell because it's not going to solve anything. I will move forward and put my strategies back into place so I can start my gamble free life again.
Pea pod

Postby JinxyWolf » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi Peapod,

Sorry to hear about the lapse but as hard as it is you need to pick yourself up, dust off and keep moving forward.

Putting your strategies and barriers in place is a great start. Maybe setting up some goals would also help. Give you something to work toward and when things get tough you can focus on reaching those goals.

Try not to punish yourself too much, it's just a stumble and you can recover.

Be well.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby Cazza » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:24 pm

It's a bugger it has happened peapod but but get back ip and start again. It's good for you in the fact of you recognized your trigger.
Much strength to you 😊
Cazza

Postby Jc » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:18 pm

Hi Peaod

Im sorry for your lapse. Dont dwell on it because you cant undo the past. Implement your gamble free strategies, but also try and think of ways to combat the mood swings.

Remember to take it a day at a time
Jc

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge