" "

Feel like I'm running out of chances

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: Feel like I'm running out of chances

Postby Jo-Anne » Thu May 17, 2018 9:41 am

That is fantastic Pea pod......that must be 16 days.....congratulations 😊
Jo-Anne

Postby Mona58 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Well done Peapod ... stay strong!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Pea pod » Fri May 18, 2018 3:25 pm

19 days since I played the pokies. To a non gambler it doesn't seem long but to an addicted pokie machine player it's the difference between having money and no having money or sanity and despair. Money put into gambling is like drug for me and although I haven't fed the addiction in 19 days it lurkes around in my mind trying to pull me back. Stay strong everyone.
Pea pod

Postby Springhope17 » Sat May 19, 2018 3:42 am

Hi Peapod

You are doing so well. Each day is an achievement! For me once I have a lapse I seem to get stuck all over again out of control trying to desperately chase my losses! Then I have a full blown relapse!
Stay strong this weekend!
Springhope17

Postby Pea pod » Sun May 27, 2018 8:16 pm

28'days of living. Not one gamble not once in 28
Days have I even walked into a venue ( hell hole) . I feel so good and I'm proud to say it. Life is better.
Pea pod

Postby Cazza » Tue May 29, 2018 2:52 pm

Well done pea pod. Keep fighting those urges.

I found i haven't had any since last week, can feel my mindset starting to change.

We can do this 😊
Cazza

Postby Pea pod » Thu May 31, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi everyone, I am 31 days with out gambling on the pokies. I'm unwell today , tired and anxious I do think the effort it takes not to gamble can be exhausting. Today I am aware of the strong urges but I am not allowing them to take me back to gambling. They are just thoughts and I am able to control them a bit better now. Yes it takes all your will power but you can do it.
Pea pod

Postby Mona58 » Thu May 31, 2018 5:03 pm

Congrats on 31 days Peapod.

Yes it is mentally and physically draining those first couple of months! This cold weather adds a touch extra stress ... snuggle up and keep warm!

Stay strong and it WILL get better,

Mona
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby flipper (facilitator) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi Pea Pod,

Well done on reaching the 31 day mark! As exhausting as it can be to break away from a habit, what has life been like since you stopped gambling?
A big thank you to all users for the ongoing support you offer one another, it does not go unnoticed :)

Flipper
flipper (facilitator)

Postby Pea pod » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:29 am

Thanks everyone I have enjoyed reading your responses to my posts. Today I am 34 days gamble free. Last night was difficult and I felt like gambling, I was out and had time on my hands. The thought of " just going home" after being out for a few hours already was depressing to me. I wanted to relax in a venue and have some fun. The reality would of course been very different. I wouldn't have had fun I would have become anxious and out of control with my first bet. I would have hated my actions and there for hated myself. InsteAed of gambling I went home ate some food had a cup of tea and watched a movie on the couch. Wow!!! It took all my strength but this morning I am able to wake up without that gambling hangover on my shoulders. 34 days free of gambling 34 days free of pain.
Pea pod

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge