" "

Feel like I'm running out of chances

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: Feel like I'm running out of chances

Postby Pea pod » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:39 pm

Day 3. Enjoying the simple things in life like watching tv shows and ordering a pizza. Spending $20 dollars on a pizza and a night in beats throwing hundreds of dollars into a metal machine. I remember being 60 free of gambling and enjoying the basic things that are so normal to others but so foreign to an addict who spends all their free down time at a venue instead of enjoying the basic pleasure like eating a pizza at home in front of the tv.
Pea pod

Postby Oregon » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:05 am

Congrats Pea Pod, I spent last night doing the same thing.
Gamble free since 22.01.18
Oregon

Postby Pea pod » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Thanks Oregon. Today I went to counselling then went to the bank who put a daily limit on my card. I was very honest to the banker because I had to be honest . It was in powering standing at a bank telling someone I need to limit my cash access due to a gambling problem. I am not in denial anymore. I just want help and support to change my hideous addition. Day 4
Pea pod

Postby DFP » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:41 pm

Congratulations Pea pod. This is a very powerful thing you have done - very honest with yourself and everyone. I am very very impressed with your courage to face up to this. Keep posting and inspiring us, and well done.
DFP

Postby Pea pod » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:11 am

Good morning. Today is day 6 and although it's just begun I'm not going to gamble. I met someone who lost everything to drug addiction and is now in recovery. They lost their house , partner, kids and dignity. I have no doubt that's where I would end up if I continued to gamble. This person told me I have to stop they told me if I don't I will end up losing everything. I cried and cried. I haven't stopped thinking about this person because their story was real and in front of me. Adiction ion takes you away from everyone and everthing. I know my life has already been heavily effected and my mental health will take years to recover. I have to live my life as an addict I can never enter a venue again for a little shot on the pokies and a few drinks, I can never pop into a venue for a cheap meal and just $10 on the pokies. I can never just pop into the venue to watch tv , read the paper, have a free coffee. I have to stay away long term and stop allowing the addiction to rule my mind. No access to cash out of my card is not going to be easy but it's better than the embarrassment of asking to use the ATM 5 times in a night or day until the account is drained. The looks on the staffs faces as I go past them for the 5 th time frantic, sad , desperate
Pea pod

Postby Mona58 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 am

Keep Strong Peapod!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby DFP » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:24 am

Very powerful. Reminds me of a few people I met at GA - kind, intelligent, wise, decent people who had been to jail and lost everything due to the gambling disease. They all said similar things - you have to stop completely, everyone with the disease is vulnerable to end up in a very dark place if you don't stop; but they all showed that you can recover if you do stop and stay quit. All the very best Pea Pod - stay motivated and stay quit.
DFP

Postby Pea pod » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Thanks for the replies. Day 7. This time last week I gambled but I haven't today. I have no ability to get $$ out of an ATM so that helps but more powerful than that is the fact I'm too scared to gamble. The impact of the last week is strong. If I picture myself in front of a machine I physically feel sick and scared . I will loose everyone and everything if I gamble. Today I walked, cleaned , even watched a movie at home. I'm relaxed and content. I hope I can keep this momentum up.
Pea pod

Postby Pea pod » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:03 am

Day 8. Mind races. Feeling tired and a bit unwell. Feel sorry for myself but I know it's not going to help so I shake it off and go to work. Make money and try to save money.
Pea pod

Postby Oregon » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:20 am

Stay strong PeaPod, one day at a time!
Gamble free since 22.01.18
Oregon

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge