" "

Feel like I'm running out of chances

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Feel like I'm running out of chances

Postby Pea pod » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:44 pm

I have been desperate to be pokie free for years. The pain of chasing my losses and lying has drained me. Today I gambled and lost. I am sick of feeling sick. Tonight I go to sleep wishing for a better outcome to my addiction. Tomorrow will be day 1.
Pea pod

Re: Feel like I'm running out of chances

Postby DFP » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:04 pm

We have all suffered the feeling of going back to day 1 - keep posting now and get back to abstaining. You can do it!
Always a 'work in progress'
DFP

Postby Mona58 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:32 pm

Hi Peapod'

Good to see you back and sorry that you have been struggling. I just read your first posts and there are some really strong moments in there, In your first post you had gone 60 days gamble free... that is a huge achievement, It is a hard addiction to break. And you can do it! Go back to read your first post and draw out all the positive aspects of it. Go back to GA meetings. Talk to your doctor. Ring Gamb helpline.

You can never run out of chances...
Don't give up ... stay strong!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Jasmine » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:53 pm

Hi Peapod,

I have nothing to say as you know all how it feels, what needs to be done, etc.
My message is to send you a courage, love and strengths!

Keep fighting!
Jasmine

Postby Oregon » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:13 pm

Hi Peapod

I had a relapse of gambling last week and felt the same way
Everytime you try to quit it will become easier.

-Oregon day 8 GF
Gamble free since 22.01.18
Oregon

Postby Springhope17 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:56 pm

Hi Peapod

I feel ur pain. I have relapsed as well i just feel so angry at myself for not being stronger.

All the best.
Springhope17

Postby Pea pod » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi and thankyou everyone who took the time to support my post with encouraging and understating words. Today I am 5 day GF. A busy week has made it impossible to gamble and lack of money but I am happy to be at day 5. I called the helpline this week and spoke about new options for support. I'm looking at a support group this week for addiction. The gambler in me needs to work really dam hard to stay clean. This weekend I will not gamble. Last Monday I gambled money that wasn't mine. I was anxious and steressed that day so gambling is the only way I know how to deal with emotions. I'm aware of that trigger so I'm looking at options like medication for my anxiety which would be better than gambling away money. Thanks everyone and good day 😀
Pea pod

Postby SistaB » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:43 pm

Good on you Pea Pod. I joined today at my Day 1 and reading through comments has made me feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel. I too think I am an emotional gambler, so if I can get on top of that feeling and distract myself, this time next week it'll be day 7 :)
SistaB

Postby Pea pod » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:47 pm

I gambled on my day 7. So today I am at day 2. I went through all the same pain and guilt that I always go through. I rang the helpline the girl was great. She pointed out that I had gone 6 days gamble free so to focus on that. So here I am again. this week I am focused on filling in my trigger days which in my case are the two days of the week I don't work. I am attending counselling those days and GA. I have to break the habit of sneaking off on my so called free time. Instead of sitting anxiously in front of the enemy ( pokie machine) I will sit in front of an allie someone who can help me. I feel sorry all of us. We sit on a chair for hours pressing a button shoving money into a video game that is full of wires and metal hope It will be answers to all our problems and anxiety when all they really do is strip us of our dignity and soul.
Pea pod

Postby sunni2185 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:04 pm

If u ever feel alone, don’t, because like so many of us, the support and kind words from people who have have been through this and understand the constant setback are exactly what you need.
sunni2185

Next

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge