" "

Feel like I'm running out of chances

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: Feel like I'm running out of chances

Postby Pea pod » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Gambled this weekend, same pattern as last weekend. I knew what was happening but I could not stop. No money left from my pay. Having to lie and manage to get through till next pay. I'm starting to believe these machines will always win.
Pea pod

Postby Cazza » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:01 am

Hi peapod. Have you got some blocks in place ready for your next payday? Do it now so you are ready and braced to fight this. I know it's hard and our gamblers brain is screaming at you to go and chase your losses.
But you have to break the downslide now. We all know as we have all done it that if you don't hit the brakes that it can lead sometimes to months of it.
Hit the brakes peapod you can do it
Cazza

Postby Calvin (facilitator) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:34 pm

Pea pod wrote:Gambled this weekend, same pattern as last weekend. I knew what was happening but I could not stop. No money left from my pay. Having to lie and manage to get through till next pay. I'm starting to believe these machines will always win.

Hi PeaPod,

We all have some setbacks on our journey of becoming free from gambling. It is all apart of the process.
You could ask yourself, What brought you to go back to the pokies? What were you feeling at the time of making that decision? What were you hoping for ?

Feel free to call the helpline on 1800 858 858 to discuss more with a counsellor, sometimes it helps to debrief about these instances and to receive support.

Regards,

Calvin.
Calvin (facilitator)

Previous

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge