" "

Feel like I'm running out of chances

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: Feel like I'm running out of chances

Postby Mona58 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:53 am

It is OK to feel SORRY for oneself... knowing WHY you feel like that gives you power to overcome it. Knowing that it is only temporary helps you move on. Keep reassuring yourself the pain will ease the longer you stay away from gambling. Keep fighting and stay strong!

One day at a time. I found myself thinking of savings in the first weeks of recovery but I've done a lot of catching up instead and then paying for my drivers licence depleted my little savings. Setting goals too big.. especially monetry goals... can leave you disappointed so small steps first.

Keep sharing Peapod!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Pea pod » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Day 11 and haven't gambled a cent. Have to keep strong and fight the demons that love to lure me back to the den of evil. I talk to those voices and assure them I know what they are trying to do. The devil wants me back in front of a metal machine shoving my money into its greedy mouth. The urges and strong and tempting but I remind myself daily of the pain I will suffer if I give in. Visualising my addiction like this helps me to resist. Today I only welcome peace and strength so I allow the good voices to ignor the bad.
Pea pod

Postby Pea pod » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:47 am

Day 13 gamble free. Feels good to have my weekend under control. Simple things like staying in and cooking a nice meal for my family are much more rewarding than chasing evil money in front of a metal video game that they call a Pokie machine. Yuck ! I feel sick imaging myself in front of one. Yuck I feel sick at all the sounds and lights and the smell of everyone's cheap perfume and after shave mixed in with the smell of beer and cigarettes. Yuck. Today I will go for a walk to the beach and smell the fresh sea air. Beautiful
Pea pod

Postby Oregon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Pea pod wrote: Yuck I feel sick at all the sounds and lights and the smell of everyone's cheap perfume and after shave mixed in with the smell of beer and cigarettes. Yuck. Today I will go for a walk to the beach and smell the fresh sea air. Beautiful

I cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke. Thanks for reminding me of another reason never to enter those horrible pokie rooms.
Gamble free since 22.01.18
Oregon

Postby Pea pod » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:11 pm

Yea Oregon these parts of gambling are real. The smells are so strong in a venue and they aren't pleasant to me. I can't stand the pong of strong cheap perfum that the older generation seem to wear to the pokies. They like to get all sparkly and dressed up to hit the local club. The sad fact is I often would see a couple come in together but barley speak a word due to pressing the pokie button. It saddens me deeply that out elderly are vunerable to the devil machines, lured in by reward cards, cheap or free drinks and bar snacks , warmth in winter and cool in summer, courtesy bus to and from their front door. It's a sad shame we suck them into the pokies To lose all their pension and hard earned working life money. At 40 I have a shot at quitting now and never Losing a cent again because if I ended up like some of those poor suckers in their twilight years stuck in a venue every second day I would feel very sorry for myself.
Pea pod

Postby Pea pod » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:13 pm

Day 16 GF
Pea pod

Postby Mona58 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:27 pm

It is sad that that is a fact of life for many lonely elderly. Especially those who had to give up driving. And those whose family are too busy to visit.

Well done on 16 days!

stay strong.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby DFP » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:44 pm

Congratulations on day 16!!! Keep strong.
DFP

Previous

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge