" "

Support

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Support

Postby Matilda » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:49 pm

I am into day 4 and what a struggle. I feel depressed, for I' Ve been gambling for 20 years. Tried before to get off this , but never succeeded. I have very little money left, and I need money for when I am buried. I want to save up from my only income..pension. I need support from anyone who has broken the habit.
Matilda

Re: Support

Postby Mona58 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:24 pm

Hi Matilda,

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on day 4. Yes it is a struggle and it will be for a few weeks yet. Each time you feel tempted or have a urge to gamble think of how you will feel afterwards. Find other things to do to keep busy. Perhaps you could look in your local community centre for some activities you could join.

ReadIng other peoples stories and sharing mine helps keep me strong. I find that I am enjoying daily life more and no longer miss the pokies BUT even after 82 days gamble free I know that l will still get the occasional temptation or urge' which I am determined not to give in to.

There are some helpful tools you could learn on this website. Information that will help you with your first weeks. Perhaps attending GA meetings will be benefical for you?

Stay strong... one day at a time.

Mona
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby fray » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi Matilda,

Welcome, i am on day 8 for the 2nd time.

Before we gamble we know the end result don't we. We may win the first day, but it is only a loan, we give it all back.

Don't give in, i will follow and support you everyday, you day 4 is my day 8.

I rang the gamblers helpline today 1800 858 858
(First time) the lady was absolutely amazing, non judgemental, congratulated me on making day 8, honestly i can not speak highly enough of her, please just call for a chat, get things off your chest.

No matter what you have done in your past due to gambling, we have all experienced so no one will judge.

Lets knock over your day 5 and my day 9 tomorrow...

Stay strong and Gamble free

D
fray

Postby Matilda » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:32 am

Thanks Fray
Matilda

Postby fray » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:39 pm

How are you going Matilda, still gamble free i hope.

Fray
fray

Postby Matilda » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:34 am

Today I have the urge to cool off at a venue. Watching cricket instead. So far so good. Thanks to everyone who is posting.IT IS REALLY GOOD TO KNOW THAT YOU KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING FOR ME THANKS😍😍
Matilda

Postby Mona58 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:00 pm

well done Matilda! Keep strong,
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Jeddie » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:27 pm

Stay home Matilda. Get into your Pj’s and throw the car keys out into the middle of the sun. At least getting dressed and the hot keys will help you not give in..lol

Strength to you x
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Oregon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:37 am

Good to hear you could go to a venue to stay cool and just watch cricket

I have done this once before, first thing i did was go to the bar in the pokie room and chat to the barwoman
Told her that I have a pokie problem and if she sees me in here to kick me out straight away.

It worked I was not tempted to go in again!

Congrats on making these first steps to quitting for good
Oregon

Support

Postby Matilda » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:33 am

Thanks everybody . Good to know your experiences. It is a real struggle. My body, my emotions are all brain washed into a habit. I felt like screaming the other day. But it went away. I can't financially afford going to the machines. So I must keep going. Money comes in to morrow, so the challenge will be on !
Matilda

Next

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge