" "

Inappropriate content on forum - plan in place to manage

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Inappropriate content on forum - plan in place to manage

Postby AnnaB (facilitator) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:36 am

Hi everyone,
Hope everybody is having a safe and healthy holiday season. It has come to our attention over the last few days that there has been spam and other inappropriate material on the forum. We wanted to reassure everyone that we are aware of this issue and are doing our best to address this problem. We recognise that it is important for people to feel safe in this space. It's a vibrant community which offers much support that is appreciated by many. Our apologies and please bear with us.
AnnaB (facilitator)

Re: Inappropriate content on forum - plan in place to manage

Postby Jeddie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:20 pm

About the same time that the hackers seem to come on this forum someone from Indonesia tried to hack into the email account that I use for this group. Wonder if it’s connected?
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Mona58 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:44 pm

Is this the same email account used to login...,?? . But I'm assuming microsoft would have protected / prevented spam. now I'm a bit worried too.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Jeddie » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:42 am

Yep same one, I am not worried and I don’t want to change my password. At 61 it’s hard to remember all the passwords. Lol
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby AnnaB (facilitator) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:37 am

Hi Jeddie, Mona58 and all community members, thanks for giving us some more information on your individual experiences with the site at the moment. We will pass this on to our IT team who are looking into this problem. We will keep you posted and thanks again for your patience with this matter. I hope everyone has had a safe and healthy Xmas/New Year.

Be in touch :)
AnnaB (facilitator)

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge