" "

Day 1

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Day 1

Postby User 5a1475a361435 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:57 am

Hi I've been gambling off and on for 14 years now and it's gone way too far. I'm starting to think it'd be better if I just died. So many lies and wasted time and money and my confidence has been low for ages. I joined a forum a a couple of years ago and went a long time without gambling but I've been back on again and I'm on a constant low.

Really want to make it to a 100 days.

Thanks for reading everyone and hope you're doing well
User 5a1475a361435

Re: Day 1

Postby Mona58 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:31 am

Hi

You can do it! You have done it before and Will be stronger this round. It is not easy the first few weeks ... but then we need to be strong the rest of our life to avoid temptation and urges.

All the best on your journey.

Mona 38 days GF
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby User 5a1475a361435 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:40 am

Thanks Mona.

I can't believe it but when I woke up i reflex checked my bank account and thought about betting today... What is wrong with me.
User 5a1475a361435

Postby Mona58 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:27 am

There's nothing wrong you ... you've fallen into trap that thousands millions of people have fallen into. The thing is you've come here because you have fallen into a Good trap ...

Read other peoples' stories and posts... read about Gambling addiction and you will understand . Watch Ka-Ching! Pokie Nation on ABC lvlew... Read the information on the Gamb help homepage, .-.

We have to fight temptations and urges everyday ... be wary of our triggers for life pretty much ... It gets easier but that's a long way yet for YOU... as it is for me in 39 days gamble free ...I still have to be on my guard!

It all feels overwhelming at first .-... BUT it is better than being disgusted with ourselves after a gambling binge
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Springhope17 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi there!

You are here and posting so thats a great start!
Its this addiction it is sooooo hard to beat but it can be done!
Post everyday to start with it really does help!
Springhope17

Postby Jerry (facilitator) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:17 pm

Howdy User 5a1475a361435, (Catchy name you got there)

Its great that you are back on the forum, it sounds like it has helped you in the past. You mentioned that " I'm starting to think it'd be better if I just died". Are you having any thoughts about suicide? If so it can be useful to chat to the Suicide Callback Service (1300 659 467).

There are always other options. Overcoming gambling is really hard, but there is lots of support out there. The people that tend to do the best are the ones that seek out all the help they can get.

So try; Gambling Counselling, Gamblers Anonymous, Self exclusion, taking up a new hobby, financial restriction etc.

So seek out help and let us know how you go
Jerry (facilitator)

Postby Springhope17 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:59 pm

I just read where you talk about being on a constant low from gambling!

I know exactly how that feels its horrible. If you can sign up for the 100 challenge when you check in it asks you to rate your mood and then charts it. When I log in now and look at my chart I can see when i was first quitting my mood was all over the place one day I felt low, the next I was good, then low again. As time has gone on (94 days GF). My mood has become more constant. Like anyone I have good days and bad but my mood swings are no where near as extreme or low as they were when I was gambling and when I first quit.

I wish all the best in quitting!
Springhope17

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge