" "

100 day as my first goal

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: 100 day as my first goal

Postby DFP » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:37 am

Thank you all. Another weekend passing without wasting money on pokies. Feels empowering.
103 days today
Always a 'work in progress'
DFP

Postby Mona58 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:00 am

Hi DFP

CONGRATULATIONS! ONE Hundred and Three days!!!

I just read your posts again.

Jimi described you ... As "wearing a lab coat and smoking a pipe - like Sigmund Frued"

l also agree that your posts are very "articulated and thoughtful"

I've learnt so much from your and his conversation. And THANK-YOU for being here!

Mona in day 50 GF

(I'd forgotten my own posts in here! lol)
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby DFP » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Wow! 50 days. Congratulations Mona. It's great that we are all sharing our thoughts, strategies, struggles, suggestions and successes. A great help to each other. Collectively we can control this!
DFP

Postby Jeddie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:49 am

Hi DFP, I have a new sign off signature, hope you don’t mind. If you do please let me know and I will change it.

66 GF days
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby DFP » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Great stuff. I like the quote because it makes it clear that quitting isn't the real challenge (quitting is easy after a big bust, and you have no money). The real challenge is to 'stay quit'.

Congrats on 66 days!
DFP

Postby Jeddie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:50 pm

Thank you and thank you. Getting closer to that 100
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Springhope17 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:18 am

How are you going DFP?

If i am 100 days that means you must be 110 days GF!
Springhope17

Postby DFP » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi Springhope
Congratulations on 100 days!!!!!
Onwards to 200, 300, 400, forever!
Things going well here. I've started playing golf again - had a very enjoyable game this morning. Enjoying rediscovering my interests and doing what I enjoy.
I have a 'warning event' this week as I am away with work again - having time on my own that I could use to play the pokies. I won't as I feel strong, have my strategies in place - in particular only taking a small amount of cash.
Hope you are well, and are quietly enjoying your progress and reaching this 100 day milestone.
Onwards we go!!!
DFP

Postby DFP » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:42 am

Checking in. On holiday at the moment - a holiday paid for with money I did not put in the pokies. Great feeling.
I feel there are risks at this time - as I have the opportunity during this stay to slip away and play the pokies. However, I have my strategies and contingencies in place, and I feel strong. I also focused on enjoying my time doing activities rather than wasting my time and money on those evil machines.
Stay safe over Xmas everyone - potentially a risky period for us compulsive gamblers. Let's be strong and wise together!

DFP on day 117 - or coming up to 4 months of making better decisions.
DFP

Postby DFP » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:41 am

Went out last night for dinner and a few drinks with friends. Thankfully had preparations in place for "the gambling voice in my head". Had a number of suggestions made - 'only $20', 'you can control it by now', 'it's just a bit of fun' etc. I resisted as I had prepared and I also only had limited cash as had left ATM at home in case the disease voice won.

Around four months into controlling this. For me it'll be a life journey - it can't be cured but it can be controlled. And after four months of being in control my life is so much better - financially and mentally. So the effort is worth it.

I wish all the best to everyone else on a similar journey. Stay strong!
DFP

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge