" "

Hi I am new to this

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Hi I am new to this

Postby User 59a0785ad9a43 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:28 am

Hi I am new to this site. I am in trouble with playing pokies .
I want to quit pokies it isn't worth it . This will be my start, to walk a new path .
This looks. Like it might be a good online community I hope so .
I have to travel for the next six weeks but I will have an iPad with me so I ll give this a good effort .
Need to just STOP pokies they are a trap if used excessively .
It has gotten out of control for me . When you are in a hole stop digging and I need to do that .
Cheers. Kerry
User 59a0785ad9a43

Re: Hi I am new to this

Postby Charlotte (facilitator) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi Kerry,
welcome to the forum and good on you for taking this first step. It sounds like you're ready to make some changes to your gambling, so it's great that you've landed here. It's a great support service, a place where people feel safe to speak openly about their issues without being judged or criticised. I hope that you can find some helpful and meaningful information/support here.

If you ever want to speak to a gambling counsellor, you can always call Gambler's Helpline 24/7 (national number); 1800 858 858.

Keep us posted.

Charlotte
Charlotte (facilitator)

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge