" "

Day 19

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Day 19

Postby Catherine1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:10 pm

Day 19 today. Spent heaps of money today but not on pokies. I bought some new dahlia bulbs for my garden. I will be preparing the new ground in the next few months and will start planting the new ones and split some of the old ones as well. I have over 50 in my garden. I love growing dahlias. I have had no urges this week. I find I am much more calmer and in control when I am not gambling. I hope everyone else is having a good week - gamble free.
Catherine1

Re: Day 19

Postby POPEYE » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:52 pm

Last edited by POPEYE on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POPEYE

Postby pamela » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:40 pm

Well done Catherine..gardening is a lot more beneficial and therapeutic than gambling
pamela

Postby Charlotte (facilitator) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi Catherine,
what a great strategy - planning something else to spend your money on can be a good way to keep money safe. And gardening is great therapy. Are there other things that you have thought about putting your money towards instead of gambling? Or other activities that you might get involved in instead of gambling?

Ideas welcomed :)

All the best,
Charlotte
Charlotte (facilitator)

Postby Catherine1 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:10 pm

There are heaps of things you can do instead of gambling. My list includes- Walking my dog, needlework, scrapbooking mainly handmade cards, gardening, having a facial, getting my hair done, playing badminton, doing puzzles in Take 5, spring cleaning my wardrobe , just to name a few. Instead of wasting money on gambling I am now spending money on plants for my garden, treating myself to the occasional hot chocolate, buying craft supplies, buying needlecraft kits. My biggest buy was a near new car 4 weeks ago. I am now busy paying this off. My bank loan is for 3 years, so I want to pay for it sooner. No pokies means I can do this.
Catherine1

Postby Jerry (facilitator) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:44 pm

That's fantastic Catherine,

It's great to hear how much more interesting your life is without the pokies. It must be great to buy the occasional treat and ride about in your hard earned car.

Quitting gambling certainly does change ones life.
Jerry (facilitator)

Postby debsta70 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:41 am

Hi Catherine,
Hope your doing well and have had a great weekend
ONE DAY AT A TIME
debsta70

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge