" "

starting the challenge today

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: starting the challenge today

Postby Tony » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:19 am

95 days to go. Stay away from pokies and keno
Tony

Postby Mona58 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:26 am

well done Tony!

Keep strong!

Mona in day 22
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Tony » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:30 am

MONA well done 22 days GF
94 days to go for me.
I will walk away from pokies and keno, buy things I want and save money and time.
Tony

Postby Mona58 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:52 pm

How you doing Tony?
Mona58

Postby Tony » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:42 am

Not staying GF. I have gambled 4 times since my last post. Disappointed but not heart broken.
Spent $250 all up. As usual win some, put back in. It's a bloody hard habit to crack for me but I will get there.
Massive improvement historically for me.
I hope your staying on your track to recovery MONA.
It can be done, I don't won't to gamble anymore. The problem for me is remembering that lol.
Tony

Postby Jeddie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi Tony, one way to remember to stop playing is get on this forum as much as you can. If you have enough data then watch every gambling video that you can. Read everyone’s stories. Day in and day out until it sinks in and takes over. Put your money where the pokies can’t reach it..
Good luck

Approv 45 days gf
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Mona58 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi Tony

Good to see your post. Yeah it is bloody hard! This isn't my first go at it. Knowing l was addicted I'd always make excuses .. oh its only money who cares... I got enough food for the fortnight .. I could always borrow a few bucks of someone... and on and on ... it takes over after a while and now I realise I've waste a lot of life ...' and money ... but it is not so much the money but the life...

I've had a rough morning ... but am ok now .

Mona in day 31 gf (I have trouble writing GF without chuckling!)
Mona58

Postby Tony » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:30 am

I'm struggling to consistently remind myself I don't want to gamble, I have gambled for a long time and NEVER stay in front.
Then I realised today I gamble because I want to have physical cash, but then I don't have any tangible thing I want to buy, therefore the circular habit continues.
Even whilst posting I'm thinking about playing keno. For what to win and put it back in= waste of time. To recoup my loses= if I didn't gamble there would be no wasted cash. To loose and feel useless and keep going till I'm out of cash or time.
All these 3 scenarios have waste of time as the constant. I'm 57% thru my life, and still have so many things to do, have and see. At this rate I will not be satisfied with winning 5 number keno and pissy poker machine jackpots. Cmon me I can do it.
Tony

Postby Jeddie » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Oh Tony, I’m feeling your pain today. I’m 67 gf days and I am pissed off that I can’t play. If they weren’t so addictive perhaps we could all play. Sadly that is not the case and we can’t play...surf those urges and go buy yourself a treat..I would love an ice cream but I am eating muesli instead..
You can do this and we are all here to help...post away your thoughts and don’t gamble..
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Mona58 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:59 pm

Come' on Tony..

You CAN Do IT! It hurts but its for the best! Surf those urges! Get earplugs when you have to work in the venues.

I'm resting today after more than usual number of walks pass the venues these pass few days then dealing with everyday matters! I'd been reading and re reading info on this site,

Mona on day 53 GF
Mona58

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge