" "

Really struggling today.

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: Really struggling today.

Postby Catherine1 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:20 pm

I have some really exciting news! Has come earlier than expected but i have chosen to jump at the chance. I wasnt going to upgrade my car until the end of the year but I came across the perfect car and couldnt pass it up. So from next Saturday I will be an owner of a 2016 ford xr6. I paid half from my own savings and have been approved for a loan for the rest. I will comfortably be able to pay this off over 3 years now, as I am not wasting my money on pokies. I will be at Week 11 this Sunday. I am so excited. I have worked for over 20 years and will finally have the car of my dreams. I hope everyone is having a great gamble free week.
Catherine1

Postby Dave68 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:49 pm

Well done Catherine! It's fantastic to get some tangible benefits from your hard work, as for so long for many of us the only thing we spent money on was pokies or gambling in general. Enjoy the dream car....I'll be a bit of a collector's item, a last year of made Falcon XR6.....one of these days in the future all these Tonka truck 4WD's and SUV's will have people wondering...what in the hell did we do as Australians to help kill our car industry?? But that's another story with my opinion of that subject! But again, magnificent work Catherine!!

You've done well too Family First....i know all about owing tax. I still do now and have difficulty with my morning delivery job as i'm deemed to be a sub-contractor, thus in my opinion i am the lowest of the low. No tax taken out of your pay, no super, no holidays (or even a day off apart from Christmas day) and having to do GST and BAS statements. I have been paying off tax at $300 a week since late last year, but i'l still have to pay an assessment this year, hence i'll just wait till late October. But at least by then my previous tax debts will be expiated and i can pay out this coming year's out of my money.

I will be good to be rid of this by the end of the year, it will be another tiny step towards undoing 28 years of damage my gambling has done. But i take inspiration on how quickly things can change by many other posters on here. I will say for me personally the financial benefits of not gambling took a hell of a long time to become apparent, but probably starting from early this year some positive signs, chiefly the refinance of my credit card debt has started to flow through. I guess the longer i don't waste money gambling, the quicker and more immediate the benefits may continue to flow.
Dave68

Postby pamela » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:41 pm

How exciting Catherine..you desrve this
pamela

Previous

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge