" "

l like the challenge

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: l like the challenge

Postby blastoise (facilitator) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:25 pm

JinxyWolf wrote:Hey Izz,

On my 100th day I went on a shopping spree with mum. Spent some of my hard earned money on things I wanted, not pissing it away at the pokies,
it was great.

Then again you could always just go toss some eggs a pokie venue..LOL :D :D :D :D :D

JinxyWolf

Hahahahaha
blastoise (facilitator)

Postby blastoise (facilitator) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Hey Izzi!

Congrats on nearly reaching the halfway mark, how do you feel???

And I think dinner is a wonderful idea, and maybe even something you've always wanted or thought about getting but never been able to due to gambling?

PS, what type/s of food do you and your dad like???? I am sure we can throw you hundreds of suggestions when you reach your goal :)

Keep up the good work

Blastoise
blastoise (facilitator)

Postby Izzi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi Blastoise,

How do I feel? nervous, a little scared actually, trying not to think about the 100 mark because it is a bit too overwhelming for me at this point and it seems like a lifetime away. However nearing to the time I will be very excited.

We would enjoy italian, greek and a decent steak. You know what is funny when I use to gamble, I would say one day I can afford this place, or when I win I will come back and buy that outfit, never happened. And now I can not even recall the names of these places I had my heart set on, weird hey!

Not to sure what day I am on, taking a wild guess maybe day 45? I would have to go back track on my posts and check, for now I will enjoy the suspense of not knowing.
Izzi

Postby blastoise (facilitator) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:54 am

Hi Izzi,

I think that these feeling of nervousness are normal given the significant change you are making. A key to reaching the mark is taking it one day at a time, and knowing that each day without gambling is a day to success, and I think you have been making a wonderful effort.

Re: places to eat, maybe this is something you can look forward to searching on the internet closer to the date of your desire :)

Have a good day and keep your chin up

Blastoise
blastoise (facilitator)

Postby Izzi » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:38 pm

Hello,

Thank you, yes I get these feelings when I am looking forward to something or really happy about something, I expect it to suddenly change and that is where the nerves come from.

So glad I am still clean and I have not given in to cg, in fact I am 50 days clean as of today.

What an achievement, super proud of myself.
Izzi

Postby JinxyWolf » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:41 pm

Hey Izz,

50 DAYS THAT'S AWWWWESOME.. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby Izzi » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:14 pm

Thanks Jinxy,

To me 50 days does not sound like many days but when I think of it in terms of weeks it definitely sounds like a lot over 7 weeks clean (see weeks sounds better).

Over half way to the 100 day mark and I am really excited, so glad I have something positive to look forward to and to share with you all.
Izzi

Postby Izzi » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:30 pm

On the 100th day I was thinking of opening my money box as a way of celebrating, have decided will open my money box 60 days from today and will save the first couple hundred the rest is for me to do whatever I please (except cg). To be honest I am not sure if their will even be that much, all part of the surprise.

I am still deciding what to do for the 100th day, my dad loves farm animals maybe I can take him somewhere nice where there are farm animals, still thinking.

Very proud that I did not give in to my weekend urges and because of that I can go out for dinner on Saturday with my friends and literally not have to worry about counting my pennies to see if I can even afford a main.
Izzi

Postby Shirley (facilitator) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Izzy, you are an inspiration to everyone and well on your way to reaching you 100 day goal.
Shirley (facilitator)

Previous

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge