" "

100 day challenge.

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: 100 day challenge.

Postby Mona58 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Well done StopPunt !

I been reading posts, doing housework and had the car races on ... just because I couldn't be bothered changing channels!

Mona in day 7
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby StopPunt » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:58 pm

Day 219 today.

I am very tempted to have a betting day for Melbourne Cup next Tuesday.

Ive put a few dollars away for fun etc and would love to enjoy a day of betting and drinking as I used to.

Im torn because I dont want to break my 219 days of no betting but also want to enjoy a great day.

Just wanted to get some thoughts? I am confident that I can start my 100 day challenge again the next day. I dunno
StopPunt

Postby DFP » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:11 pm

Personally, I wouldn't. The 'fun' bet in itself may be harmless, but I would be worried that subconsciously it would start eating away at my mind "what's the harm", " I've proven I can control" and in doing so letting the full gambling disease back in. Why risk it, when what you have been doing for the past 219 days has been working for you?
Always a 'work in progress'
DFP

Postby Catherine1 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:23 pm

Stop Punt, I wouldnt have a bet on the melb cup. You think its only one bet, but then it will get you back in to that betting mode and you have worked too hard to blow it. You can still have a good time at the cup just dont have a bet. I can tell you from experience. I was 10 weeks gamble free and then I had my birthday in September. I told myself, one play of the pokies on my birthday shouldn't hurt. Well, I blew a large sum of money that day, and have continued over the last few weeks gambling on and off. I am back at Day 9 today, so I don't want you to do what I did. If I hadn't have gone to the
pokies on my birthday I would have been up to 13+ weeks gamble free. Day 9 in comparison just doesn't cut it. So, please don't have a bet. Have a

good time with your friends, but without the gambling element involved.
Catherine1

Postby Jerry (facilitator) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:29 pm

If you bet on the Melbourne cup and won big do you think it would make you want to gamble again?

If so is that a good thing?

If it's not, then maybe you should hope that you loose....

Or just not bet.
Jerry (facilitator)

Postby StopPunt » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:02 pm

I have decided I will not be betting Melb Cup day.

Im still going to go have a few beers but no bets will be had.

I have to thank the people on here for the comments because when i bring it up with people i go to pub with they are more like "youve done well reward yourself for a day" and "F##k it. You only live once"

The drive to not go back to day 1 is incredibly strong and is a major factor (for me) in my non gambling journey.

Thank you all

DAY 227 👍
StopPunt

Postby Jerry (facilitator) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:21 pm

You have done well and deserve to reward yourself.
Is relapsing on gambling going to be a good reward or are there other ways to reward yourself?

You only live once... (so best to conquer your gambling rather than live with it for decades).
Jerry (facilitator)

Postby StopPunt » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:55 am

Day 235.

I didnt have a bet or even enter a sweep.

Still went to the pub and had beers and enjoyed the day with not 1 urge to bet. Was good.

Cheers for the help on here. Hopefully can just keep ploughing along.

All the best
StopPunt

Postby DFP » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:57 pm

Well done StopPunt - that's fantastic!
Always a 'work in progress'
DFP

Postby Mona58 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Well done Stop Punt!

I went pass the Caulfield race course today and thought of some of you guys here. Lot of people all dressed up. Gosh why women wear those highest and narrowest heels l will never understand!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge