" "

100 days starts today

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: 100 days starts today

Postby pamela » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:55 pm

Keep saying no ..the urge does diminish..you are doing really well
pamela

Postby Chunkyquitter » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:58 pm

Day 5/100 complete. The fact car rego was in the mailbox when I looked last night I actually thought it felt less stressf to know I hadn't already lost that money.
Feeling good today
Chunkyquitter

Postby Debra » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:36 am

Well done.
It will keep feeling like that.
Every time a bill arrives and you know you can cover it, or even pay it on time, it feels good.
Keep it up!
Debra

Postby Chunkyquitter » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:59 am

I'm still going. It's hard to keep ahead of the money and the bills and repay what I've blown.
It's good to read others stories it makes you feel less like a loser to see others have struggled with same vices.
The positivity and support that comes through the comments is good too.
Keep on going to 100 days.

Can any others explain how th debt councilling works? This seems to be the biggest cause of angst for me at the moment.
Chunkyquitter

Postby blastoise (facilitator) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi Chunkyquitter,

Keep on going! One day at a time will see the best outcomes long-term.

Just about the Financial Counselling and Debt help, the best thing to do is to call Gamblers Help, and ask them to provide you with a financial/gambling services that covers Financial Counselling. Financial Counselling through GH are free, but will look at your debts, bills etc and discuss with you how to consolidate them. They are also good at negotiating with creditors on your behalf if you feel that this is anxiety provoking, or you are unfamiliar with the process.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need any other support on this

Blastoise
blastoise (facilitator)

Postby Chunkyquitter » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Holy S**T I'm at about 75 days now.
Feeling awesome for quitting and repayed some of the money I owe. Got work bonuses in January and plenty of overtime.
I feel better, notice I'm spending far to much time on FB and NRL SuperCoach and am planing on hitting my rehab hard how to see how good I can get my WC injury.
Headspace is much happier and can see a future where I actually might have some money.
Have been staying out of pubs but have been really busy. I wonder how o even found time to punt before I figure I have just been neglecting relationships and people close to me.
Anyway if you're thinking of quitting do it. I can not believe how hard the first two weeks were emotionally and physically but looking back now it's the best thing I've done and as always wish I'd done it earlier for all the obvious reasons.
Anyway moving foward gambling free is great for the headspace. The negative self talk and self loathing has nearly stopped.
Chunkyquitter

Postby annnie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:53 am

Hi,

Congrats to you !! That's an amazing effort, well done , Was wondering how you were going whilst reading through posts over the past months. Thanks for getting back in touch. Inspiring to others to hear of your new life. A lot of positives for you now rather than all the negatives and not forgetting how much clearer your head must be. Wow such an achievement , go you ! So happy for you and it must be such a great feeling to be able to experience a life without gambling and see that there really can be a future. The dark days are behind you, hope rehab goes well. All the best , check in again at 100 days ( or sooner ) don't leave it so long next time.

Take care & be proud.
annnie

Postby Debra » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:09 am

Congratulations!
I'm so happy to hear this, you're doing so well!
Keep it up!
Deb.
Debra

Postby Chunkyquitter » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:08 pm

Hi everyone,

What a busy year. I managed to pay down debts.
I've been so busy and achieved heaps ,notice my performance at work and at home have been way better. When stressed or feel like I need money the urge returns to gamble a bit, but just reading my old list again I can't believe how low i felt back then and how good I feel about quitting.

Anyone considering quitter do it know. Looking back it's been such a good feeling and feel so much better about myself sneaking around and hiding bills and debts.

It is an awesome feeling to have nothing to hide, when you don't answer your phone or you're late home, you can honestly say what you were doing and not feel crai about yourself for hiding and sneaking.

Do it quit now.
Chunkyquitter

Postby Springhope » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:51 pm

Hi there

Its great to hear the past year has gone well for you.
I am at day 93 GF. Its so good to know that it can be achieved. When i was struggling to repay all my debts I would turn to the pokies.

Thanks for updating ur process its really helpful to hear from people who have been successful at beating this addiction.
Springhope

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge