" "

100 days starts today

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

100 days starts today

Postby Chunkyquitter » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:22 pm

Day 1/100. Payday today and I've made it through unscathed. Making a whe pay period/fortnight without punting anything is my first goal and short time goal.
Chunkyquitter

Re: 100 days starts today

Postby pamela » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:59 am

Good luck Chunks..take each day as it comes and dont think too far ahead..
pamela

Postby Chunkyquitter » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:36 pm

Far outy body is drained, head is foggy and stomach is churning, skin has broken out in small pimples. I imagine this is just because I decided to face up to the need to quit instead for escaping into gambling and a way to cope.
The anxiety of how to break it to family is the worst. I don't drink because alcohol doesn't agree with me and makes me a **** person. I suppose I've just realised I should gamble because gambling does the same to me.
Busy day today with work etc an there will no time to gamble even if I wanted to. So day 2/100 will be a success.
Chunkyquitter

Postby blastoise (facilitator) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:41 pm

Good work Chunkyquitter!

Sounds like you've been experiencing some of the physiological effects that many feel when they decide to change their gambling behavior. What I think is great is that you didn't give in when you had those responses, which is a good step forward.

Hope day 2 went ok, and keep up posted!

Cheers
Blastoise
blastoise (facilitator)

Postby Chunkyquitter » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:50 am

Day 3 done and dusted yesterday. No problems as worked all day. Didn't even feel like gambling all though there was no opportunity too either. Paid some money towards some of my debts. Usually by this part of the pay period I was either cashed up and paying towards debts credit cards etc or skint as I hadn't won yet.
Spent yesterday with my stomach churning and feeling very drained from all the thoughts of guilt etc of how big a hole I've got myself into.
What's been helpful is trying to work out an plan moving forward wth the debt etc.
Am also planning seeking help to keep the progress going.
3/100
Chunkyquitter

Postby blastoise (facilitator) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:41 am

Great news ChunkyQ! I think you have hit the nail on the head in getting some help to keep up the good work, if you need some advice on supports, what you like/don't like let us know. Use a financial service which we can help with if you need contacts. Keep up the good work over the weekend!

Cheers

Blastoise
blastoise (facilitator)

Postby Chunkyquitter » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:34 am

4/100 done.
Chunkyquitter

Postby Debra » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:56 am

Well done.
Just keep at it. Keep clocking up those days and it does get easier.
I quit gambling at the start of the year after 15 years of that awful cycle, I was a shocking gambler.
It can be done.
Living without the shame, guilt and lies is such a good feeling. The difference in my family life is so amazing.
Put you and your family first.
Good luck, keep posting & stay strong!
Deb 😊
Debra

Postby Chunkyquitter » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:35 pm

Day 4/100 today. Felt urges to gamble.
Can't get to a pub at all today but realised I have a betting account. Did self exclusion. Didn't do lifebobky did 12 months exclusion.
Big mistake should have killed the opportunity forever. Lowering the bar was a dumb move. I know there is no dabbles.
Will close for good next time.
Chunkyquitter

Postby Debra » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:09 pm

It's a hard addiction to break, so just take one day at a time.
You're doing an amazing job, don't be hard on yourself, do the opposite be kind to yourself, for the first time in a long time.
Gambling is the ultimate self sabotage and self abuse tool.
No more!
Hold your head up high, you're doing a great job! 👍🏽
Debra

Next

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge