" "

20 Year Old Pokie Problems AHHHH

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

20 Year Old Pokie Problems AHHHH

Postby lachlan97 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:23 pm

I am 20 years old and am addicted to the pokies. The thrill of the machines and the chance of always getting that feature makes me come back week in week out. I am spending around $500 a week in the pokies and it is really affecting my life. I want to do this 100 day challenge and this will hopefully result in quitting for good!

I have tried quitting over and over but it hasn't worked. Thus why I am here on this forum, where there are fellow sufferers. I will get on here as much as possible and will keep you updated as I really hope this is the last time I put those valuable pineapples through the brickies laptops.
lachlan97

Re: 20 Year Old Pokie Problems AHHHH

Postby Mona58 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:42 pm

Welcome Lachlan'

It's great that you can admit to having a problem at such a young age. You can read a lot of posts many of us have had years in this dreadful addiction to gambling. Go to a GA meeting and learn as much as you can! Take all the tools you can find on this site seriously, Don't let those demonic machines or any form of gambling ruin your future!

Mona
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Oregon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:46 pm

Welcome,

Congrats on seeking help now and not another 20 years down the track.
Try and get to some GA meetings, they are really helpful.
You will probably find that the average age is a lot older than yourself, but everyone is really inviting. I felt like I wouldn't belong for about 5 minutes then I realised that gambling addiction has no demographic.

Stay strong.
-Oregon
Gamble free since 22.01.18
Oregon

Postby lachlan97 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Ahhhhhhhh I was doing so well until the weekend, when I was alone and bored. This is really frustrating always thinking you might get that win. I can't seem to change my mindset on it.
lachlan97

Postby Oregon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:33 am

Hi Lachlan,

Have you confided in anyone you know about this? It might be good to tell your partner or parents what is going on and then they can take control of your money.
There is a gap between what you know and what you feel with pokies. You know they are designed for you to lose. But you feel like you could get a win, just this time.

Stay strong, we've all "quit" a thousand times.

-Oregon
Gamble free since 22.01.18
Oregon

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge